overall

RATINGS: 1020   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 183   ABV: 6.1%
Brewing with fresh hops is a big endeavor, requiring four to five times the hop volume compared to using pelletized hops. Although the process is complex, it brings impressive results: Fresh Hop is an American-style pale ale with moderate hop bitterness marked by a unique and intensely grassy hop flavor and aroma. Fresh Hop is a superbly refreshing, medium bodied, light-copper colored pale ale weighing in at 55 IBUs and 6.1% ABV.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
tinydancer (52) - Gibsonville, North Carolina, USA - DEC 21, 2006
Excellent Pale ale, although I would put at the IPA end of the pale ale range. Crisp and very hoppy. Reminds me of SNCA

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
mingo1968 (51) - phila, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 3, 2010
I had this from a 22oz bottle. I must of had a bad bottle, because when I looked at the 95 rating I thought was this the same beer. I thought the color was a golden brown with a thin head. The smell was hops with what I thought smelled like peanuts. The taste was a mix of that hops with peanuts. I have to say I hated it I poured it down the drain.I will give it a 2nd try if I see it on tap.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
HoppyKev (50) - Redford, Michigan, USA - NOV 22, 2004
Light amber color, good light but crisp hop aroma. Slightly fruity taste at first, lighter mouthfeel. Good hop flavor but not the strong bitter flavor of american IPA’s. The beer doesn’t have a lot of malt flavor but, it’s still well balanced because of the lack of strong bitterness

danfosha (50) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - JUL 16, 2007
Pours a cloudy amber, long lasting head, but not much lacing. Aroma of sweet malt, floral notes. Pronounced bitterness that comes on half way through the taste, but mellows by the finish. Dried straw on the palate too,with a slighty acidic finish, which tapers off nicely. I’d like to stack this against their Denver Pale Ale.

Beerio (48) - USA - MAY 2, 2007
This is the motherfucker to end all motherfuckers. This is a perfect beer. The best I have ever had. When I drink this, it makes me realize how everything else in the world is just fucked up. Don’t pay your bills...drink this beer. Don’t play with your kids...drink this beer. In fact, relinquish all other responsibilities and drink this beer. Motherfucker.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
SpecialSauce (47) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 8, 2005
Smell is overwhelmingly fresh...floral hop flavors escape even as I’m pouring this one. Another whiff reveals a subtle malt character, which balances the piney/floral hop notes nicely. Taste pretty much follow’s the aroma’s lead. Very palateable due to the malty characteristics offsetting the stronger hops. Doesn’t seem to have terribly high alpha acids, a very well balanced brew all around.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ambcompte (47) - SPAIN - APR 3, 2011
Fresca, amarga (a un punt apte per tots els publics), en versió 0’75, molt i molt fantàstica. A repetir.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Yard (45) - Senoia, Georgia, USA - NOV 18, 2005
The taste of mother nature at its finest. FRESH HOPS! Almost like drinking grass. Smooth with earthy freshness dangling to the end. Light in flavor and aroma.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
abcbeers (43) - NETHERLANDS - FEB 6, 2011
Very very hoppy, very very bittergrassy and resinous, good well flavoured beer,

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
KennyGalanif (42) - New Jersey, USA - DEC 6, 2013
Serving type: 22 oz bottle A: pours a copper orange color with a decent amount of head. Great lacing too! S: grassy and citrus notes, along with some pine. Smells really inviting as it should being a fresh hop ale. T: it is a very clean tasting beer, that finishes smooth. There is no resiny aftertaste. It has a pleasant fresh grass and citrus flavor profile, with a slight malt backbone. O: a very fresh tasting pale ale that I would buy again!