RATINGS: 2277   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.16/5   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Crack open Yeti Imperial Stoutís sophisticated sibling -- Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout. Although these beers come from the same clan, they have entirely different personalities. Aging on a blend of French and toasted oak chips infuses a subtle oak and vanilla character into Yetiís already intense chocolate, roasted coffee malt flavor and hugely assertive hop profile. Who says you canít tame a Yeti? 75 International Bittering Units (IBUs).

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
happy4hops (376) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - DEC 4, 2005
Bottled on 10-X0-05.Aromas of oak vanilla,choco-coffee,piney hops.I was looking forward to the hops in this one but they are just too pungent(chinook)which I might not be in the mood for right now(this is very fresh too so some aging is probly needed).Really nice OA Imperial Stout.Purchased at Ronnieís in Forest Hill,MD.This gets much better as it warms and breaths.Actually has some Cabenet Sauv aromas as well between the oak,hops and chocolate.Very good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
ontario102 (794) - Boise, Idaho, USA - DEC 3, 2005
Big woody and licorice aroma, piney hops and bready chocolate highlights; hearty and roasty maltiness with intense chocolate followed by a resinous grapefruit bitterness and a hint of vanilla; slick palate with some astringency; this seems a little unrefined and maybe could use some more aging, and doesnít seem to stand up to some of the other impy stouts that are held in such high regard; nonetheless, an outstanding #500th rating for me.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
gferd (99) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - DEC 2, 2005
An excellent choice. A little sour, but very heavy. This is the thickest beer I have ever consumed. One of my top-5 beers ever

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
chriso (7512) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - DEC 1, 2005
Bottle (courtesy Duff) at St Albans Beer Festival, October 2005. This is a big, powerful fellow, no doubt. Pitch black, with a huge brown head. Deep, rich, burnt malt aroma. No coffee or chocolate to speak of, although some creamy chocolate notes develop on the palate. And, yes, I do get the oak. Soft vanilla smoothes out the chunky malt. Velvety feel, alcohol well integrated. Quite refined. Not a term I use much in relation to American beers, but it fits the bill here. Iím often a bit dubious about the value of oak aging, but it certainly does the trick on this one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
TheBeerOrg (2145) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - NOV 27, 2005
Pours black with a fully receding tan head. Aroma of oak, pepper, and roasted malts. Taste is bourbon, oak, and sweet chewy malts. Mouthfeel is thick and oily. Quite mellow and enjoyable for an imperial stout.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
acertain (249) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 26, 2005
UPDATED: DEC 6, 2005 On tap at Brauwerís. I was really impressed with the regular Yeti, so I was excited to try this version. As with the regular Yeti, I didnít get much aroma, and at least the way they poured it, it didnít have any head. As for flavor, for me at least, the oak was overpowering. It tasted like somebody dumped a cheap California chardonnay into my Yeti. It was OK, but for me it detracted from, rather than enhanced, what I thought was a great brew (the regular Yeti). I had the same reaction to a bottle I tried.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
tennisjoel (1255) - Rochester, Minnesota, USA - NOV 24, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 11, 2007 Rerate:

Originally, this was a mind blowing experience, as I rated this a perfect 5. However, there are some detractions from this beer that I now notice, since I have sampled many more Imperial Stouts. After about 2/3 of this beer the alcohol becomes fairly noticable. Therefore, I am deducting a few points. Still a top of the line Impy Stout, but there are others such as Darkness and Dark Lord which are better.

Original Rating:

The aroma on this beer is crazy. All kinds of stuff going on here. Raisin, plum, chocolate, molasses, vanilla. Huge beer, WOW! Thin layer of head, with good lacing. This is excellent! Everything you could ask for in a stout. The flavor is just huge. Not much else to say, other than challenging any other beer to beat this one. I donít think any can. The one thing this has going on that other stouts sometimes lack is the amount of hops. I love it!

Aroma: 10
Appearance: 5
Flavor: 10
Palate: 5
Overall: 20
Total Score: 5

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ElBorracho (472) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 22, 2005
On tap at The Map Room. Looks pretty much the same as the regular Yeti except it lacked most of the head. The aroma and taste have hints of oak added to what is more toned down attributes of the unaged version. The ABV is well hidden. Very nice.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
JoeMcPhee (9004) - Toronto, ON, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 22, 2005
22 oz bomber. Pitch black beer topped by a thich, creamy, brown head that lasts and lasts. Sweet chocolate aroma up front over dark plummy fruit, vanilla, oak, strong herbal hops and a big peppery character. Flavour is very roasty, charcoal, plum, sweet and salty licorice, chewy malts accented by prominent sweet oakiness and heavily roasted malts. Better balanced than the regular Yeti. As it warms, the hop profile become woody and the oak really comes alive. Lingering peppery aroma

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
NachlamSie (3062) - Denver, Colorado, USA - NOV 20, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 4, 2007 bottle. Oh Yeti, how I love thee. pours stark opaque black with a ridiculous dense dark tan head. The aroma is hugely powerful, it knocks me back with an onslaught of sweet barley and oak. Closer inspection reveals some piny hops in the mix. The flavor is gigantic with tons of caramel and chocolate covered by more than ample smoky, woody hops. This is a powerful brew. [Addendum: March 21, í07] Picked up another bottle of this in my hometown, itís rare to get good beers around here, so it was just a matter of time. This a very solid imperial stout. It is just a shade friendlier than the regular Yeti Stout, but still has the assertive hop character and dense, full-bodied malt foundation. The hop edge has been replaced with a soothing bourbon character. Plenty of espresso notes abound along with hickory, slight piny hops, and the oak infused sweetness setting the base for the brew. Outstanding impy, Iím glad that out of the very few acceptable beers we get in my county (seriously, itís not many) we get this one.