overall

RATINGS: 2256   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.16   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Crack open Yeti Imperial Stoutís sophisticated sibling -- Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout. Although these beers come from the same clan, they have entirely different personalities. Aging on a blend of French and toasted oak chips infuses a subtle oak and vanilla character into Yetiís already intense chocolate, roasted coffee malt flavor and hugely assertive hop profile. Who says you canít tame a Yeti? 75 International Bittering Units (IBUs).

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
kepano (247) - Los Angeles, California, USA - OCT 22, 2005
I canít say stouts are my favorite style but when I found out about the Yeti, I knew I had to get my hands on it. Iíve had some peculiar experiences with stouts recently, so I remained skeptical about the praise this brew was building. My first impressions were quite unique, starting with the pour itself, which I dare say must be a feat of quantum physics. When the dark liquid is released from its bottle it seems the lights in the room slightly dim. Objects nearby appear to have some odd attraction to the goblet. As I held my trappist glass up to the lamp, I saw no hint of a shining crescent, it was black as an eclipse with only the aureole of the heliacal light behind. A short and lively brown head contained this fluid black hole into place. Before long, I too was attracted by its gravity and found myself sniffing along the horizon. Yummy. The tenebrous aromas of over-roasted coffee and cacao beans mingled with whiskey, vanilla, soy sauce and wood. Very complex for a stout. I finally took a sip to discover more hops than I had anticipated. A fine blend, but a little too bitter for me. The texture is very rich and thick but retains the crisp freshness of hops. This beer seems like it would really profit from the proper ambiance. Certainly sipping this near the fireplace of a cozy cabin during a blizzard would do it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DCJack (182) - Alabama, USA - OCT 21, 2005
Frothy head like a root beer float. Burnt incense taste. Scorched earth aftertaste. extremely over-rated.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
wnhay (722) - Princeton, New Jersey, USA - OCT 20, 2005
Bottle. Poured nearly black with a thick tan head. Beautiful presentation I must say. I love the way the bottle looks. Smell has a ton of vanilla with oak, chocolate, coffee, caramel, mollases and courant. Just so pleasant. The taste is so smooth, not the least bit bitter. The vanilla, chocolate and coffee work great together. Palate is sexual with the flavors intertwining brilliantly. These guys do fine work and this beer is proof of that. What a great beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
TheBeerNinja (137) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - OCT 20, 2005
Pours inky and black with a thick reddish tan head, that subsides but lasts throughout. Nose is some barley, but mostly hops. Overall taste is regular yeti just subdued and with spicy and vanilla like hints. Amazing what a little oak has done to this beast.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
duff (5484) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - OCT 18, 2005
UPDATED: APR 25, 2006 Bottle. Easily my favourite beer at St Albans, even though i brought it along. This had loads of chocolate and roasty, oaky characters, some slightly dark/raisiny fruit, quite hoppy too, but they donít overpower the beer as much as they do in the regular Yeti Imperial Stout, a little spciy (Christmas sort of spice) in the finish. Delicious. Full bodied, complex, yet soft, with a finish that seems to last forever.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
moody (12) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - OCT 16, 2005
If I canít get my Old Rasputin, this will do. A great taste and body. I do wish I could get this in a twelve ounce bottle. Twenty two ounces of a powerful beer is a bit of a commitment.

frylock (1135) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - OCT 16, 2005
Oily black body with a thin kahki head, that leaves behind some great lacing. Plums, roasted barley and vanilla highlight the aroma. The dry oaky feel compliments the stout flavors quite nicely. Pleasant notes of vanilla shine throughout this beer with espresso in the finish. Very nice beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MrRomero (1976) - Nolanville, USA - OCT 16, 2005
Draft at the brewery: I have several bottles of this in my stash but Iíve never opened one and only sampled it at the brewery. Pours black with a brown head. Hoppy aroma with chcolate and roasted malt. Flavor is excellent: chocolate, roasted malt, oak, hops. Very full bodied. I love this beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
FuntonBunton (61) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - OCT 15, 2005
Pours deep black with a brown/maroon looking head. Smells like alcohol and hops. Chocolaty flavor, pretty strong, but smooth none the less. A little too strong for my taste in stouts, it burns the back of my throat like acid-reflux. Leaves an invigorating "panty-like" lining on the glass. Hints of coffee. Gets better with every envigorating sip that touches your lips. Head is huge watch out because if flows out like a volcano. There is a yeti stain on my carpet as we speak. :(

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
frink (467) - coquitlam, British Columbia, CANADA - OCT 15, 2005
Pours fully black with a thick brown head, thick intracate lacing on the glass. The aromas are chocolate, coffee, and some hops with plum and raisin in the retro nasal. The taste is rich roasted malts, plenty of hops, chocolate and some alcohol. This stout looked awesome in a Duvel tulip only enhacing the experience and it tasted as good as it looked. A great impy stout!