Great Divide Whitewater Wheat Ale

(RETIRED)
overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 68   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.51   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
Unfiltered and easy-drinking, our wheat beer is graced with a lively mouthfeel, light body and delicate citrus character. Rapidly refreshing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BrianO (138) - Ambler, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 9, 2003
From the bottle that I got with my Microbrew of the Month Club: Yellow straw with small head. Slightly cloudy appearance. Aroma is citrusy with some lemons. Nice mouthfeel for this type of beer. Good crisp taste, reminds me of a witbier with the citrus notes. I would have to say this this beer is underrated. For the type of beer that it is, is was surprisely good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
egajdzis (5313) - Spring Mount, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 6, 2003
Poured a cloudy orange yellow color with a small bubbly white head. Yeasty, wheaty, slighty citrusy aroma. Carbonated, dry and clean, wheat taste. Crisp finish, I am glad that I drank this before it got too cold outside.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Strykzone (4913) - Wood River, Illinois, USA - OCT 5, 2003
This has become one of my personal favorite styles of beer making my rating of this beer artificially high. Mine was very cold when tasted and it was extremely cloudy when poured and that was not lost even to the bottom. I found it to be a little thin in substance and somewhat citrusy to the taste. When pouring it my expectations were high but were left unmet. I liked it, after all it is a wheat, but not a great one.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 7/20
mkobes (2140) - paramus, New Jersey, USA - OCT 3, 2003
This beer was ok. Didn't really like it, smelled bad, and had an off taste. I wouldn't try it again.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
MaiBockAddict (1497) - Good Beer Bar Deprived, New Jersey, USA - SEP 25, 2003
Smells of Garbage. Looks good, though. Very cloudy. Tastes malty, yet kinda sour. This could use some syrup. I would not drink this again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - JUN 30, 2003
Draught. Pretty decent wheat beer, refreshing hot weather beer, but I've had better ones.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAY 21, 2003
On tap: Hazy, golden color, a quality I love in wheat beers. Citrusy aroma, thin head. Lemony-citrus flavor. Very refreshing, I would recommend with light barbeque fair or after mowing the lawn on a hot day.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Aubrey (3431) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAY 3, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 17, 2004 Bright gold-orange; almost clear, just slightly hazy; has a thin, non-clinging head. Faintly citric nose. Light and crisp with an active carbonation. Some citrusy undertones. Finishes with a mildly flowery hop bitterness and a hint of tart/sourness. No major off-flavors to complain about, just doesn't do it for me. Though, I'd take it over a Corona any day.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Panzuriel (1303) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - MAR 22, 2003
Very nice balanced wheat beer with a very nice malt flavor balanced with wheat tartness. Very nice wheat beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
CaptainCougar (7131) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - JAN 21, 2003
Pours just slightly cloudy and golden with minimal head. Weak malty aroma with some hoppiness. Tart sour citrusy body leaves me wondering if I waited too long to drink this. Rather sticky, unbalanced palate has no pronounced flavor other than its tartness. Did I mention it also tastes watered down?