RATINGS: 2499   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.09   IBU: 75   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Great Divide’s Yeti Imperial Stout is an onslaught of the senses. An almost viscous, inky-black brew, Yeti opens with a massive, roasty, chocolate, coffee malt flavor that eventually gives way to rich toffee and burnt caramel notes. Packed with an enormous quantity of American hops, Yeti’s hop profile reveals a slightly citrusy, piney, and wonderfully dry hoppy finish. 75 International Bittering Units (IBUs).

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
brewblackhole (1588) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - APR 29, 2005
Seems very carbonated for an Imperial Stout.. Fragrant malt cocoa aroma,nice smooth texture,rich mocha taste, with a velvety chacolate syrup aftertaste. Excellent brew, I enjoyed this more than the Hercules

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
jackamackson (127) - USA - APR 29, 2005
opaque dark brown/black pour, dark tan head that lasts and laces. roasty/chocolate/coffee aroma. flavor is that of the aroma. roasty/chocolatey, with a decently hoppy finish. my only complaint is that it is a little sweet. nice thick mouthfeel. I like this better thant he oaked yeti, very good

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BeerAteHer (384) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - APR 27, 2005
UPDATED: APR 28, 2005 Side-by-side with the oak aged Yeti. The color is the same but this has more of a beige head while the other has more of a lighter peach. This one also has a slightly richer appearance and lacing. Aroma of the conventional Yeti is simple but pleasantly fruity, with a little alcohol burn on the nose. Very full flavor with an interesting chipotle-like alcohol burn; yeah, hops are there but only on the finish. Ok beer but Great Divide has put out better.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
OldRuffian (3) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - APR 24, 2005 does not count
This beer is maltier than most imperial stouts I’ve enjoyed in the past. The aroma dominates the flavor of this beer, while the bitter palate balances this sweetness. I actually prefer this stout to most simply because my experience with double IPAs has numbed me to the better qualities of the complex stout. I copped this beer at Corral Liquors in Granite City Illinois.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
chriso (7513) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - APR 24, 2005
Black beer. Oily consistency, coating the glass. Reminiscent of coal tar. Big chocolate and coffee essence aroma, which always goes down well with me in not exactly subtle. More restrained coffee on the palate, burnt malt and an unexpected bitter hoppy character. Undoubtedly a massive beer, but I’m not entirely sure that all the elements integrated happily. Still enjoyed it though. Bottle, courtesy Joet, January 2005.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
DYCSoccer17 (3510) - Woodland, California, USA - APR 23, 2005
Rating #951 side by side with Oak-Aged Yeti. More of a roasted aroma with more smokiness than the oaked. I detect stale ash trays. There is still cocoa notes in there as well. The aroma is certainly not as intriguing as the Oaked version. The ash tray smell is really getting to me. Some booze is detected in the nose as well. Like the oaked, this is a dark dark opaque brown color with a larger, stiffer brown head than the Oaked. Sweet, sugary chocolate cake to start--turns mildly roasty and bitter. Some coffee notes present. Very smooth and I think this s tastier and more drinkable than the Oaked version of this. Unfortunately, the aroma really takes away from this beer. Both beers are solid and I cannot figure out which one I prefer. Purchased at Town and Country in W. Springfield, MA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Ratman197 (11524) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - APR 22, 2005
This was a bottle of 2003 Maverick [the origanal name before Yeti] Imperial Stout I had in my cellar. Pours a dark opaque black with a big dark brown head that really hangs in there. Aromas of faint smoke, coffee, and chocolate.It has a smooth rich mouthfeel. Rich roast malt, and coffee flavors dominate with some chocolate and carmel. The bitterness has really dropped out from when it was fresh.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
xdream (16) - Madison, Alabama, USA - APR 21, 2005
This is everything I’d expect from an Imperial stout and more. Very very smooth beer can brighten a cold winter evening. I’d given it a 20, but I’m reserving that score until I try a bottle of the oak aged I’ve been saving.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Gromit (479) - Port Orchard, Washington, USA - APR 13, 2005
A damn solid Imperial Stout. Pours black as oil with a thin tan head that leaves a very nice lace down the glass. Aroma is mostly of chocolate and a bit of toffee/caramel. Flavor is nice and balanced; chocolate, coffee... sweetness with the perfect bitterness. I wish my cold was completely gone so I could detect more as this is complex. Palate is smooth yet crisp without biting, and very thick. Overall, this is a great beer and one I think you’ll be hearing more of soon. Definitely worth seeking out.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
desurfer (1259) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - APR 12, 2005
Body is an oily black with dark, chocolatey brown head about an inch tall. Aroma is very roasty and alcoholic, hints of coffee and bitter chocolate. Superbly balanced flavor; burnt, roasty, chocolatey malts and plenty of hop bitterness. Just a tinge of alcohol presence. Full, creamy palate. Very good!