Great Lakes Brewing Pumpkin Wound
     click to upload
overall
Brewed by Great Lakes Brewing (Ontario)
Style: Spice/Herb/Vegetable
Etobicoke, Canada

RATINGS: 13   MEAN: 3.89/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.53   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
AGAquino (662) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 1, 2012
Mini tasting at Samy’s. I love pumpkin ales, and was intrigued by this porter. Nice aroma, slight pumpkin, more intense spice. Nuanced slightly sweet pumpkin flavours.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
HogTownHarry (6131) - Toronto (Harbourfront), Ontario, CANADA - NOV 1, 2012
October 31, 2012 - on draught at the Bar Hop Black & Orange Fest. Clear and deep ruby-black with a large and lasting milky/creamy tan head (4+). Aroma is soo smooth, and layered: pumpkin spices, then actual slightly earthy pumpkin malt (not too sweet), then comes a lovely subtle medium roast dry nutshell/coffee malt - maybe a touch of herbal bittering, not much alcohol - splendid aroma, very spicy (8+) - taste follows, incredibly well balanced - I had two of these, and it just seemed better the more I drank, smooth as glass, no booziness, overt sweetness, bitterness, everything seemed in perfect harmony - first I thought "pumpkin beer with some roast" then it was "dry-ish porter with some pumpkin" then I said screw it, just DRINK. Thick, creamy, airy, no bitter aftertaste at all, it just slid off the palate - I really think this is the best new Ontario beer for me in 2012. Superb - and Mike L, in my opinion it was worth all the hassle you went through to make it!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
herrbrown1974 (427) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 31, 2012
Almost black pour, brown creamy nitro head. Great aroma. Pumpkin pie. Cloves, nutmeg, a bit of mocha. Beautiful creamy mouthfeel. Lighter porter flavours combine very nicely with the added things going on. Balanced and complex. Clean finish without doing too much. The is a great pumpkin beer. I’m sad we may never see it again. Well done GLB!