RATINGS: 1274   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.61/5   IBU: 45   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
An assertively hopped American Pale Ale with citrusy and piney Cascade hops. Subtle malt flavors balance the hop profile and provide a satisfying dry finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
JPDIPSO (5133) - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 4, 2003
Slightly hazed dark golden colored liquid. Rocky/fluffy light cream colored head. Perfume laden pine needles. I swear I only get dated samples of from the brewery. Enjoy by date missing from bottle. Woody malt and light citruc flavors. Grapefruit rind finish. I will rerate this, but I'm tired of old stock sitting on shelves. the store and ditributor should be more conscience of these things.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Suttree (5685) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - OCT 26, 2003
Orange with very little head. Hoppy aroma. Dry and dusty hops to start, and just enough malt - very unobtrusive. Really, I could drink a lot of this, if it was sold in the area. Impressive

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
howie (549) - DeForest, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 19, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 11, 2004 Pleasing citrusy cascade aroma, not harsh or in-your-face. Delicate hop flavors, peachy, fruity. Dryish, medium body, bitter finish. Nicely balanced.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
obxdude10 (2151) - Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 19, 2003
Nice pale ale, super hoppy, lots of hops everywhere, balance was pretty good as well as you taste the malt profile in the beer, very spicy flavors, dry & bitter finish, great pale ale

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
cherr (162) - Rochester, New York, USA - OCT 14, 2003
I have to admit that I am somewhat biased on this beer. I drove from Rochester to Cleveland to get a 1/6 bbl for my kegerator. It is an excellent beer that most people love. It is one of those beers that really turns heads. It has nice full head with perfectly balanced taste. Very good hoppy taste and strong for an APA. Overall excellent. I had this on tap at my house.

aaronh (201) - McMurray, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 27, 2003
This is a wonderful ale. It has a deep copper color with a nice full head that dissipates slowly. A very well balanced hop flavor with a touch of maltiness to round it out and a nosefull of flower aroma.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
thehoff (596) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - SEP 22, 2003
This is the only of the Great Lakes beers I have had and I didn't really care for it that much. For a pale ale it is what it is but OK. A little hoppy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
matta (1140) - Tampa, Florida, USA - SEP 17, 2003
This fantastic APA was acquired in trade with jgb9348, a cool ass gent! A large rocky off white head, rests atop a copper colored APA. Serenity within the glass; and then out of know where a carbonated bubble drifts toward the top. Where was it hiding, between the molecules of the H20? The aroma is slightly metallic, but citric. This is a general impression that I deduce whenever large amounts of cascade hops are used, I don’t know why. The flavor is tremendous! Citrusy orange zest, oily but also dry and snappish…. Some pine or spruce presence, a morsel of nutty malt…. Very satisfying and enjoyable, This beer would rule supreme on draft but something seems a bit off balance here in the bottle. Burning River is a must try!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
DrnkMcDermott (2934) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - SEP 16, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 3, 2005 Re-rated from draft at GLBC, Cleveland. Similar in color to their IPA, but less hoppy (duh). Instead a distinct hop, I get more a solid "bitterness." Nicely balanced to the malts.
Original rating, 9/16/03. Score: 3.9. Draft. Has a big grapefruity smell and taste, almost like a wheat beer. The hoppy taste subtly changes as my glass warms up, to a more bitter aspect like an IPA. Excellent appearance and head for this style. I sampled this at a homebrew party among a sea of Oktoberfest beers, so this is a refreshing and welcome change of pace.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Ubiquibeer (140) - Cleveland, USA - SEP 1, 2003
This is available everywhere here in cleveland, and I am glad of it. Copper color, with a fresh hop aroma. The taste is hoppy and thick with a nice malt backbone to balance it out. An excellent pale ale in my book.