overall

RATINGS: 1247   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.61   IBU: 45   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
An assertively hopped American Pale Ale with citrusy and piney Cascade hops. Subtle malt flavors balance the hop profile and provide a satisfying dry finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
omhper (20169) - TyresŲ, SWEDEN - MAR 26, 2002
Dark ruby with creamy head. Huge flowery citrusy hop aroma. Rather dry, nicely malty, bitterish finish, but it actually feels surprisingly mild. Extremely hop aromatic and very drinkable. Thanks PsychProf for sending me this!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
jsquire (3578) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - MAR 4, 2002
I have tried and tried to taste what others taste in this beer and I just donít get it. I always get the flavor of chewing grass, and not that good golf course grass, but the stuff that grows up around the telephone poles in the city. I love most everything GLB does, and Iíd recommend trying this for yourself, but have a palate cleanser handy just in case.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - MAR 4, 2002
copper color. citrusy hops. itís got some snap, crackle and pop! pretty hoppy for a regular pale ale - i like that - itís bold. Looks a little thin in the glass, but it actually tasted kind of thick.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
estoppel (1028) - Buffalo, New York, USA - FEB 27, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 19, 2007 Since this has the best name ever for a beer, I was prepared to be disappointed. Not so. Nice balance here.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
LuckeyHaskins99 (180) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - FEB 8, 2002
It Burns It Burns! Seriously tho, this is not the worst beer i have had from th Cleverland area. Not great, not rotten either. A decent micro but iíd rather have a peteís winter or similar ale. Not match for Bass.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
johnson2020 (79) - Canton, Michigan, USA - JAN 13, 2002
My rating isnít changing but my comments are....This is the best pale ale I have had. Give it a try.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Darkover (1518) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JAN 10, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 9, 2004 Deep orange color with a big white head. Citrus flavor and piney finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
legion242 (2288) - Richardson, Texas, USA - JAN 6, 2002
Deep copper color; Thin, surprisingly good lace; That tell-tale citrus in the nose. A nice smoothness. A bit of spicy hop. Round. Full. Not nearly as stellar as I though it should be. Thank you to JSTU9!!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
osubucks26 (30) - Seville, Ohio, USA - JAN 5, 2002
First Pale Ale Iíve ever tried and personally I didnít enjoy it all that much. Decided to try this last night after seeing the high ratings on this site and experienced quite a disappointment. Maybe I was expecting too much, maybe Pale Ale just isnít for my taste, or maybe I got a bad bottle...donít know for sure, but wasnít as good as I was hoping for. Every once in awhile I take a drink and it would have a pretty good taste, but then the next one was bad again. Its better than some beers Iíve had, but not as good as others. Iíll probably give this another try sometime, to see if it was just a bad one. Iíll be sure to let everyone know.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
joet (2245) - Santa Rosa, California, USA - DEC 25, 2001
A bushy Cascade start and assertive bitter. Strongly but simply bitter -- it lacks brightness. Is it the resinous surface that belies lots of dry hopping? This doesnít have it. I think there may be other more important components that make a multi-dimensional bitterness, namely freshness. Iím drinking this at the source and am not getting the same treat I would when sampling ales at Speakeasy or Anchor. The body is dry, foaming and near soft.