overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 557   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 25   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
A malty beer with a notable toasty flavor derived from lightly roasted malt. Slight fruit and hop accents add to the overall complexity. Available Mid-January to late March

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
mnovacanes (61) - Crestwood, Illinois, USA - APR 14, 2009
Appearance: fairly textbook; reddish amber; low off-white head Aroma: lacks intensity but the expected aromas are present: moderate malt, slightly toasty caramel, possibly with a touch of butter Flavor: has a toastiness, also caramel malt and a bread or popcorn note; pretty appetizing Mouthfeel: medium-light body; mild carbonation; quite smooth texture; enjoyable

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
slats1221 (60) - Ohio, USA - FEB 19, 2012
It’s a typical Irish ale with not much flavor good head and a slightly bitter aftertaste. Nothing to write home about but not bad. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Hussey (60) - North Carolina, USA - JUL 21, 2012
Bottle from Bestway. Pour: Nice tawny, copper brown hue. No real foam or head. Little carbonation. Aroma: Nutty with biscuit-like notes. Taste: Nutty, toffee flavors combine well. Solid medium body. Overall: Enjoyable brew. Irish-style ales are not my thing, but I enjoyed this beer. Imbibed for the experience.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
jonhall (58) - - JAN 22, 2013
Medium amber with nice balance. A bit bready and could use more complexity in the malt for my tastes but drinkable. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
labattfreak (58) - Coldwater, Michigan, USA - MAR 19, 2006
Nice red color, not a lot of head. Nice, fruity aroma, with a strong yeast flavor. Finished clean.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
piwodevo (53) - chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 4, 2005
I think i rated this beer as high as i could for a style of beer that really doesn’t knock me out....but these guys really consistently brew up excellent product. clean, tilted toward malty, but with a perfect amount of bitterness to balance it nicely. every flavor shines through. the best irish style ale i’ve ever had.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BeerScout49 (49) - - FEB 18, 2015
Nice Carmel color--head a bit small. Enjoy the taste--reminds me of an Oktoberfest. Malty and nutty with a slight dark fruit taste. Good overall

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
crazydiamond (48) - Michigan, USA - APR 8, 2002
The local IGA isn’t normally a place one discovers a new great beer. Lo and behold, miracle’s never cease. There nestled next to 8 month old 6 packs of Corona & Zima (dust everywhere I tell ya) was this little gem. Malty, hoppy, and only 6 blocks away!! This is officially the best beer (aside from the stuff I and my fellow homebrewers brew ourselves) within a one mile radius of my home!!! Now, as long as my buddies don’t discover the find, I’ll be all set!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DarkBeer (47) - Ohio, USA - AUG 6, 2008
I’ve only had this bottled, but I live close enough to the brewery to go try some on tap and the bottled version is good enough that I plan to do that soon. Dark amber pour, nice head, lovely clean taste. Reminds me of Smithwyck’s, only better, in my opinion.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
BuffaloBrewed (42) - Buffalo, New York, USA - MAR 18, 2007
Bottle from Premier Gourmet. This was a surprisingly light Irish ale. The beer poured a light ruby red with a thick white head. The smell and the taste had a good deal of citrus present as well as some caramel and roasted notes. A very fresh feel. Very drinkable and satisfying.