overall
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1102   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
This smooth lager strikes a delicate balance between malt and hops in the aroma, palate, finish and body. It has more body and less hops than a Pilsner, and less malt and more hops than a Munich style lager. 30 IBU.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Inveigler (371) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - JUL 24, 2002
This stands as one of the few lagers I truly enjoy. Well-balanced and thirst quenching, this is an excellent session beer. Try this during the summer while working outside. You will not be disappointed!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
jazz88 (2556) - San Francisco, California, USA - JUN 26, 2002
Bottle. The classic golden lager color. I can actually get a nice aroma from this beer. The flavor is a bit tangy, dry, a quick hop bite. There is an essence of fruit in the aroma which I could not pick up when tasted. On the whole nicely balanced and enjoyable to drink, but nothing stands out.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Gunshy (479) - Ohio, USA - JUN 19, 2002
This beer poured nice dark golden color, forming a nice light head that left a wonderful lace after subsiding. An slight aroma of hops and citrus. It had a slightly tangy flavor from the hops that seems to give it a good finish. Decent body for this style. Worth trying.

trappist12 (200) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - JUN 16, 2002
Good. Very good. Light and dryer in the appropriate fashion.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - JUN 15, 2002
A bit bitter, too dry and crisp for my taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUN 15, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 15, 2004 A stand-by, go-to, brew for me, when I don't find anything else intersting and i just feel like drinking. Nice and thick, slightly toasty malts, the hops actually keep up and keep the whole thing nicely balanced. A true winner.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Dogbrick (8139) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUN 12, 2002
Had the draft version at the Renaissance in downtown Cleveland. Once again, Great Lakes can do no wrong in my book. Wonderful effervescence on the pour, and a nice off-white head. The lacing was what really impressed me though. Similar to how you can tell how old a tree is by counting the rings, the lacing allowed you to see the previous level where your beer was before each sip. So by the end I had a nice ripple effect down the entire length of the inside of my glass. I have never seen that before and it was very cool. As for the flavor, very good as well. Malty oat flavor. Another winner from GLBC.

bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - JUN 12, 2002
I love Great lakes beer! I am amazed everytime I have one - they are always excellent!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
BrockLandersLS (109) - San Diego, California, USA - JUN 6, 2002
A very good beer. I am a big fan of great lakes and I have to say they’ve done it again. It is very robust yet has some complicated flavors that make it interesting. A great choice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Drinkingdan (371) - East Norriton, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 31, 2002
A very good lager!!! satisfying and refresing.