overall
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1124   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.53   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
This smooth lager strikes a delicate balance between malt and hops in the aroma, palate, finish and body. It has more body and less hops than a Pilsner, and less malt and more hops than a Munich style lager. 30 IBU.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
raindog (560) - Evansville, Indiana, USA - JUL 29, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 18, 2005 Re-Rate:11/17/03 Got more as part of a sampler and like more and more every time.Top 10 for me,for sure! Deep,golden color with a beautiful,white, active head.Thickness makes the heavy carbonation slow and almost unappearent. Great ale-like estery flavors.Huge sugar-sweet front followed with soft,smooth,earthy, malts. The leafy smack of hops in the finish is very appealing. It gets some german malt sweetness in the finish also as it warms. Traveled to the brewery in March, and it tasted even more delicate and delicious draft.Bottle showed more resemblence than I expected. Excellent beer anytime.If not perfect,very near.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUL 25, 2002
I liked it... A good european style beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Inveigler (371) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - JUL 24, 2002
This stands as one of the few lagers I truly enjoy. Well-balanced and thirst quenching, this is an excellent session beer. Try this during the summer while working outside. You will not be disappointed!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
jazz88 (2577) - San Francisco, California, USA - JUN 26, 2002
Bottle. The classic golden lager color. I can actually get a nice aroma from this beer. The flavor is a bit tangy, dry, a quick hop bite. There is an essence of fruit in the aroma which I could not pick up when tasted. On the whole nicely balanced and enjoyable to drink, but nothing stands out.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Gunshy (479) - Ohio, USA - JUN 19, 2002
This beer poured nice dark golden color, forming a nice light head that left a wonderful lace after subsiding. An slight aroma of hops and citrus. It had a slightly tangy flavor from the hops that seems to give it a good finish. Decent body for this style. Worth trying.

trappist12 (200) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - JUN 16, 2002
Good. Very good. Light and dryer in the appropriate fashion.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - JUN 15, 2002
A bit bitter, too dry and crisp for my taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUN 15, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 15, 2004 A stand-by, go-to, brew for me, when I don't find anything else intersting and i just feel like drinking. Nice and thick, slightly toasty malts, the hops actually keep up and keep the whole thing nicely balanced. A true winner.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Dogbrick (8907) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUN 12, 2002
Had the draft version at the Renaissance in downtown Cleveland. Once again, Great Lakes can do no wrong in my book. Wonderful effervescence on the pour, and a nice off-white head. The lacing was what really impressed me though. Similar to how you can tell how old a tree is by counting the rings, the lacing allowed you to see the previous level where your beer was before each sip. So by the end I had a nice ripple effect down the entire length of the inside of my glass. I have never seen that before and it was very cool. As for the flavor, very good as well. Malty oat flavor. Another winner from GLBC.

bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - JUN 12, 2002
I love Great lakes beer! I am amazed everytime I have one - they are always excellent!