overall

RATINGS: 1080   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57   IBU: 35   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
Deep Amber red color, with a fragrant malt aroma. Flavorful notes of rich caramelized malt and noble hop flavors harmonize on the palate leading to a crisp clean finish. Named after one of Clevelandís most respected safety directors, who frequented the brewpubís bar during his tenure from 1935-1941 and, according to popular legend, was responsible for the bullet holes still evident today.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
SJP (483) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 22, 2002
A pretty decent beer. A little light for my liking, but still enjoyable. Nice sweet finish and a very clean taste overall.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
estoppel (1028) - Buffalo, New York, USA - SEP 13, 2002
The third Great Lakes offering that Iíve tried, and they havenít failed to impress. Imagine if someone told you twenty years ago that you could get great beer from Cleveland.

tzakiel (81) - Virginia, USA - AUG 31, 2002
UPDATED: DEC 27, 2009 Very good. Donít see what the fuss is about with the flavor... I think itís balanced and pleasant. Tasty, warm feeling beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 3/20
stormking (23) - Cuddy, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 24, 2002
Think Theakstonís old peculiar, and add hops. Nice color, kept a good mouth feel, but I just didnít like the flavor. Not necessarily a beer, but I would recommend the peculiar first

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Racegoer (351) - Indiana, Indiana, USA - AUG 22, 2002
Nice malty flavor and texture, it is complex tasting. Carmel and sweet, reminds me of my friend Master Brewer T. Tottyís Oktoberfest , damn he can make a good beer, this is good, not the best ,but it is Recommended.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
softale (188) - Michigan, USA - AUG 14, 2002
Deep amber in color. Some hints of roasted malt in the nose. I do have a bit of a problem with this beerís taste. It has a very unpleasant phenolic presence that is reminiscent of Band-Aids. My only regret was I bought a sixer of this.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Wakie (612) - Centreville, Virginia, USA - AUG 1, 2002
It made me blink a lot. Not bad, not great. An above average beer but not one I truly recommend. The commercial description is fairly accurate (not as aromatic as they claim).

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
DEbeer (192) - West Virginia, USA - JUL 30, 2002
This beer reminds me a LOT of Sam Adams, except it isnít quite as good for some reason that I just canít put my finger on. A little more burnt flavor, maybe.

Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 25, 2002
THis has got to be one of their best. No other Vienna style that Iíve had even comes close. An almost chunky caramel malt with a nice thick-hop flavor (iíve never before referred to hops as íthickí, but it seems to fit here.) All your Viennaís should be compared to this!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUL 25, 2002
Another good beer. Damn Clevelanders seem to know their beer. By only complaint was it was a tad on the hoppy side for me