Great Lakes Imperial Dortmunder - 20th Anniversary Beer

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 201   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 35   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
An imperial golden lager balanced between malt sweetness and dry hop flavors, yet darker in color and richer in finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
fiver29 (1025) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - MAY 9, 2008
When I added this beer I would have selected Imperial Golden Lager as the style. On tap at the brewery. Pours a dark golden/amber color with a thin off white head. Has a strong aroma that combines alcohol, caramel sweetness, and grassy smells. Mouthfeel is medium with a nice amount of carbonation. My first few sips I kept saying this was a wierd tasting brew because I had a hard time pin pointing what the flavors were. There is a lot of alcohol with a lot of sweetness thrown in. It has a spicy twang on the finish that leaves my taste buds dry. Overall an interesting brew and one I was glad to try.