Great Lakes Locktender Lager

(RETIRED)
overall
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 90   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.07   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Golden Munich helles lager with a mild hop profile and slightly malty flavor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
DEbeer (192) - West Virginia, USA - DEC 17, 2002
This is an easy drink. I can;t really find anything wrong with it at all. It is kind of floral, but not very hoppy. The maltiness really overpowers everything else. Decent aftertaste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Brodie (540) - Blowing Rock, North Carolina, USA - DEC 3, 2002
Didnít really like this one. I just visited Cleveland for Thanksgiving and did a GLBC sampling while I was there. This one was the loser. Just wasnít on par with their other beers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
slinkymello (137) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - NOV 30, 2002
I can definitely taste the similarities between this and the dortmunder gold... yet, while I enjoy the yeasty spice flavors of both brews, the floralness and bite of the hops and slight malt sweetness, the lighter body and fizzy quality of this one made it a bit less satisfying... almost a watered down dortmunder gold; I could see this one as a refreshing brew to drink but accept no substitutes; get the gold. i love the great lakes lagers by the way... just wonderful

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
kyzr (1153) - Belgrade, Montana, USA - NOV 10, 2002
Bright gold with nice looking head, but that didnít last too long. Nice malt with a slight hop that comes on at the end.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Rockinout (966) - Kent, Ohio, USA - NOV 7, 2002
Bright golden color, almost glowing. Lost head quickly. Smooth with a malty yet somewhat bitter finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
MikeF (538) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - OCT 28, 2002
Great for its style - just not my style. I am always confused by comparisons of Great Lakes brews to other Great Lakes brews. In my mind they are ale very unique and comparing for example nosferatu with burning river pale all, although they may both be hoppy, is not fair. It undermines Great Lakes ability to produce a diverse selection of beers.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Kaya161 (1128) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 10, 2002
GABF 2002: Blonde colour. Wheaty flavour. Easy drinking. Not bad, just uninteresting.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
dankfor20 (193) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - AUG 21, 2002
Clear refreshing brew. very crisp too. a liitle light for me but iím more into porters and stouts. Slighty hopped. I could pound these down on a hot summer day but i wouldnít go out of my way to.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
estoppel (1028) - Buffalo, New York, USA - AUG 19, 2002
Clear straw body, rising carbonation, small white head. Sweetness in the nose. Fairly malty for such a light beer with well-balanced hop bitterness. I do get the house character; much like the Dortmunder Gold, but lighter. Certainly refreshing, but Iíll stick with the Dort.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - AUG 17, 2002
Apparently, this beer is Great Lakesí toned-down version of their Dortmunder Gold, which I didnít care for all that much. I think Locktender had an unusual musty smell and a malty, flavorful body. I would gladly drink another. It wasnít particularly dry or crisy and is lightly hopped. If youíre a Bud drinker, this is a nice step up.