Great Waters Yule Time Ale

Great Waters Yule Time Ale
     click to upload

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.67/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.34   SEASONAL: Winter   ABV: -
Our seasonal, spiced, holiday offering. We like to alter it a little each year. This year we used lots of fresh ground ginger root, sweet orange peel, coriander, and a special secret ingredient.- Look for it at the end of this month.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
islay (1093) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - MAR 4, 2009
Pint pour, on tap at the brewpub. Listed as "Yuletide Belgian Ale," but based on the dates of the other reviews and the description, I think this is the beer I drank. Pours a hazy but bright amber/tan color with a moderate amount of even, cream/beige head. Produces extensive lacing. Wheaty, yeasty aroma features orange, banana, skittles, and lemon scents. Very nice smell reminiscent of that of an Orange Julius drink. Unique, creamy, spicy taste. Cardamom, paprika, mustard, taragon, and coriander flavors. Once I read that it had ginger in it, I said, "Of course!" but cardamom was as close as I got to IDing that flavor. Just goes to show what BSers we raters can be... Very interesting, sweet and spicy taste; one of the spiciest beers I’ve ever had. Full body, thick, smooth, oily, and lively in the palate. Unique, memorable, and pretty darn good! Served excessively cold.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
moelikebeer (221) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - DEC 16, 2008
On tap at the brewpub. Light amber pour with little head. Ginger aroma upfront with coriander and other spices. Flavor full of ginger, coriander, orange peel and some spices I cant identify. Very interesting, flavorful beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
incutrav (577) - Woodbury, Minnesota, USA - DEC 16, 2008
Dark reddish brown. Lots of spice in this winter bump. Get some corriander, pepper, nutmeg and various xmas spices along with copious amounts of malt to give this winter considerable depth and substance. Very very warming and tasty for this winter season.