overall

RATINGS: 1119   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85   SEASONAL: Spring   IBU: 149   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Palate Wrecker was originally brewed for the Hamilton’s Tavern 2nd Anniversary celebration. It’s the most complicated West Coast–inspired IPA we have ever brewed—mashing and sparging with hopped wort, in addition to our hop layering regimen for IPA. We use almost 6 lbs/bbl of Columbus and Centennial hops to create this very bitter hop monster (tested at 149 IBU and no extracts in case you were wondering). By popular demand, it is now released for the world to enjoy (even though this beer isn’t for everyone, only the real hop heads!!!). Cheers! - Chuck Silva - Brewmaster - Green Flash Brewing

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
DesertDevil (525) - Arizona, USA - APR 2, 2012
On tap in a tulip at Flanny’s. Pours an orangish amber with a thick, frothy two-finger head that dissipates quickly. A strong citrus aroma with hints of wood. A holy hop bomb taste to start with a very bitter, dry finish that lingers with a slight, pleasantly hoppy aftertaste. Medium body with an astringent mouthfeel. It’s a solid, hoppy DIPA, but I guess I was expecting more with a name like Palate Wrecker.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
IndyBeerSnob (132) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - APR 2, 2012
Taste truly shocks the palate upon initial sipping. Deep malty characteristic with quite an taste of the 9.5%. Lacing is as expected with a imperial ipa, strungout all over the glass. Taste is super malty with a hint and I mean hint of fruit... grapefruit. This isn’t my favorite 9%+ ipa but I love Green Flash and this 148 ibus don’t go unnoticed.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
sethbreaker (173) - New York, Greater London, USA - APR 2, 2012
Draft at Mission Delores. Strong hop aroma, almost intimidating! Serious hops on the palate, mainly citrus with some pine, sticky, resinous, with brown sugar sweetness and intense bitterness! I couldn’t finish it as I felt like It was going to kill the session but I enjoyed what I drank. Great in small quantities. I think my face puckered up on the first sip!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JohnC (3000) - Mission Viejo, California, USA - APR 2, 2012
I had this on tap at Brü Grill in Lake forest. If they were politically incorrect they would have called it palate raper. It is a very good hop bomb.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
oobawa (626) - South Carolina, USA - APR 2, 2012
Perfectly named, that’s for damned sure. I’ve never been a fan of beers this aggressively hopped, so feel free to argue that my opinion doesn’t mean shit. But, really, what’s the point? The beer smells amazing, but any translation into flavor is washed away by the relentlessly bitter IBU assault. Beautiful pour and feel with no trace of alcohol, but these qualities are greatly padding my score of the beer-- not for me, no thank you. I’d like to be able to taste the next pint.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
after4ever (6129) - Brier, Washington, USA - APR 1, 2012
Draft at uber. Pours a slightly hazy amber with a dense and creamy tan head. Deep grapefruit nose. Creamy medium body with lively carb. Toast, caramel, and lots of grapefruit on the mid palate. Long resiny finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Suttree (5142) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - APR 1, 2012
Ha! Jokes on you! My palate was wrecked long ago. Sucker! True to its name, this is a lot of hops - mostly citrus, grapefruit, but some resin, too. Brown sugar, too. Taste is also kind like brown sugar on grapefruit. Sticky, long finish. Tasty.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Travlr (11850) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - APR 1, 2012
Draft. Clear golden color, massive thick white head with solid lacing. Aroma of intense centrifuged pine needles. Taste has enough pine to turn you inside out. Shocking.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Jabic (427) - Brigantine, New Jersey, USA - MAR 31, 2012
Ar: Resiny pine - some spicy - very herbal. Ap: Copper, crystal-clear - large off white head with very good retention and chunky lacing. T: Lemon and pine up front, herbal and resiny - toasty and bitter, lingering into the finish - leafy, almost tannic, quality of the high bitterness - long finish with lots of lemon and black tea. P: Medium-light body with medium-carbonation - finish is dry. O: Bracingly bitter 2XIPA - bright fresh hop nose - nice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Rrauth (1196) - North Carolina, USA - MAR 30, 2012
Draft. Clear pale color with light tan foamy head. Citrus aroma. Omg is this hoppy and bitter. Palate wrecker is an excellent beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone