Green River Liquid Sunshine
     click to upload

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.7/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.06   EST. CALORIES: 420   ABV: 14%
This traditional honey wine has been produced with raw and untreated Summer Wild Flower honey from Warm Colors Apiary in Deerfield, MA. This honey wine is our version of a traditional show mead, and we hope that you enjoy this taste of sunshine throughout the year. We recommend decanting this wine, as yeast has naturally settled in the bottle. Only 83 Cases Produced.

Ernesto987's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Ernesto987 (3859) - Connecticut, USA - FEB 2, 2013
Sample at meadfest, clean and delicious very natural honey flavors, this meadery is great

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
MicroGrog (303) - FT: Stale Polotmavý in Queens, New York, USA - SEP 26, 2013

Bottle from the cellar. Original batch. I think I was dissuaded from opening this after my experiences with their other stuff. A few years in the hole seems to have done it some good though. Wet, moldy cork, nearly falls in. Decanted best I could.
Poured into an Ommegang anniversary glass. Clear, lemon lime body. Seems to have developed some carbonation.
Interesting candied pineapple & table grape scent.
Tastes is of sweet green grapes, apple wine, & mild wax. Lavender-ish. Light fizz is a pleasant surprise. A hair thinner then syrupy. Yeasty finish.
A tasty experiment. Thanks for all those replacement bottles Garth.:)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
beerbill (3504) - Laurel, New York, USA - DEC 11, 2010
750 ml bottle shared with my wife. Pours a slightly hazed gold with no head. This is a still mead. Subsequent pourings were more hazed; I didn’t realize there was some minor sediment in the bottle. Pleasant aroma of honey that has a light floral scent and a bit of earthiness to it as well. The flavor follows the aroma and is lightly floral and again also has a bit of earthiness to it. Lightly sweet. Medium bodied. This is a nice, straight-forward mead.