Green Valley Brewing Stone Mill Pale Ale

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 336   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.51   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
To craft a remarkable Pale Ale, you must begin with the finest ingredients. Stone Mill Pale Ale is made with 100% organic barley malt, certified by the USDA for a classic taste that is the perfect balance of maltiness and hop bouqet. For more info see www.drinkstonemill.com.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Chapel (468) - Levittown, New York, USA - JAN 15, 2009
I was a little unimpressed with this as it was being served at a decent steakhouse out of the bottle. It is oddly reminiscent of Killian’s with an extra bit of hops to me. Oh well, it is what it is.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
redlight (2317) - Orlando, Florida, USA - JAN 14, 2009
sample dropped off by a bud rep. Sweet musty aroma, metallic, sweet traces of honey. Pours a clear amber with no head. Malty and sweet with a metallic coppery flavor, like i just put a penny in my mouth, a mild crisp hop bite, but very sweet with stale cereal like flavors.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
daknole (9127) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - DEC 25, 2008
Bottle from Total Wine. Another loser. Amber. Grains in the nose. Stinky flavor. Damn I am on my way to a lot of ratings uner 1.0 and I dont give a shit. Beers like this shouldnt ever get a decent rating in my book.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
dm9831 (1512) - Monee, Illinois, USA - DEC 18, 2008
clear amber, medium quickly dissipating head, minor lacing. sweet malt, mild suggestion of hops in the aroma. sweet malt dominates in the flavor, with only the most subtle hint of hops, but the sweet is much too obvious. light bodied, mild malty sweet finish. after the beer warms a bit, there is a disconcerting candy corn sweetness to it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
JohnnyOS (646) - Golden, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 14, 2008
Pours amber orange with off-white head. Light malt and caramel aroma with a slight hop presence. Caramel and grain flavor.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
esjaygee (3903) - Oak Creek, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 28, 2008
Crystal clear light orance with a bubbling muck of white head that fades quickly. Aroma of citrus and caramel that is too sweet for an APA. Taste… huh? Malt, ripe apple and mild flavorless bitter. Tinted carbonated water. And certified organic? I mean I get it but it always puzzles me since anything carbon based is technically organic. Hell, I’m organic and I’m certifiable so hence I’m certified organic.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
That1Guy (1939) - Greeley, Colorado, USA - NOV 19, 2008
Crushed with Jakebra. Smells like nast. Tastes like nast. Here is the bud light of pale ales my friends.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
joekinty (263) - rockledge, Florida, USA - OCT 30, 2008
perpatrators of hate get a grip this is a good beer nobama bin ladin gonna be the prez

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Kinz (3299) - Glen Allen, Virginia, USA - OCT 28, 2008
Bottle courtesy of Rob, who had picked this up randomly. Amber. Aroma faintly of caramel and undefined hop bitterness. Flavor matched, with some hop floral character present. Inoffensive, but just not a whole lot going on here. The Cally’s Amber that we had just finished had way more hops than this thing did.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
caesar (5183) - Bunnik/Utrecht, NETHERLANDS - OCT 17, 2008
Tap @ north rim of Grand Canyon. Clear amber color, short head. Aroma of toffee, some hop. Caramel taste, only slight bitter. I thought it was not that bad strangely enough. Maybe I was just really eager for any beer.