overall
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 268   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.31   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Wild Hop Lager is unique and distinctive. It is made one batch at a time. It does not use any genetically modified products, pesticides or commercial fertilizers. Wild Hop Lager is made from 100% organic barley malt, certified by the USDA and the organic organization Oregon tilth. For more visit www.wildhoplager.com.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
RunDWP (203) - San Jose, California, USA - MAR 9, 2008
Reddish-orange color with quickly dissipating head. Grassy, hoppy aroma. Pretty grassy, slightly herbal, and hoppy taste. Pretty high level of carbonation. Goes down pretty harshly for a lager. Surprised to see Anheuser-Busch behind an organic beer, but then, perhaps that’s why it seems to misfire. I think of lagers as easy drinking beers that go well with spicy or light food, and I don’t think this would work well that way.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Beershine (5218) - The Sunshine State, Florida, USA - FEB 15, 2008
UPDATED: FEB 18, 2008 I didn’t know it was an ABC product until I came online. Pours hazy golden color with thick crown of soapy foam. Rusty penny aroma. Slick, oily gassy mouthfeel. Pretty balanced: more on the sweet side of things with a slight grassy tinge. Thin, insubstantial, watery and doesn’t hold its own. However, it’s real nice to see organic farming being supported and promoted in whatever way.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
rodneykm (111) - Westminster, South Carolina, USA - FEB 15, 2008
Not much of a flavor here. Was really let down.I think I’ll stay away from organic stuff for a while at least.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
shackinetics (132) - Florida, USA - FEB 14, 2008
Somehow I knew this was not going to live up to the phrase "wild hop," but it was even more dissapointing than I had expected. Poured a sparkling clear copper, with thin head. Aroma is nice - sweet hops with some yeast undertones. The flavor falls well short of that. A malty herb biscuit flavor that is flat, watery and boring. This is the second time I’ve fallen for the Green Valley label... won’t happen again.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Hudspart (538) - Byron Center, Michigan, USA - FEB 10, 2008
On tap: Not good at all. Hard to drink because it was so bad. No head at all and a very clear appearance. Tastes like all of the macro lagers. Blah.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
chadcs (76) - Westminster, South Carolina, USA - FEB 10, 2008
Not as hoppy as i expected had some nice malt undertones. Kinda watery taste though. Was suprised that it was a A-B Brewing beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
spikester (604) - Salem, Oregon, USA - FEB 5, 2008
I didn’t know this beer had any relationship to A-B brewing. For a lager this is quite good. If Bud tasted like this I would drink it more often. Nice hop and malt balance. Two finger head, amber color. Truly not in Sam Adams category but getting there. Very sessionable brew. Recommended. Good transition beer. If A-B helped create this beer kudos to them. All is not lost!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Collint (475) - Sylva, North Carolina, USA - FEB 4, 2008
12 oz bottle, thanks wells bells for leaving in my fridge the other night. This beer poures a thin head with olmost no aroma. Tast is organic, very watered down. Wouldn’t buy it, but would drink it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
TikiE (368) - Sylva, North Carolina, USA - FEB 4, 2008
Not very hoppy what so ever. Tasted a little watered down with a taste that didnt last to long on the palate. Cheap beer, dont think I will ever get myself...Thanks WellsBells.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
RedSox2004 (1295) - Pacific Palisades, California, USA - FEB 2, 2008
Poured a nice amber color, with a decent head that disappeared quickly and left nothing on the glass. No real aroma - perhaps some maltiness. Taste also was unimpressive - I was expecting a hoppy beer (go figure), but this disappointed. Medium body, with more carbonation than I expected from the lack of a head. Oh well, I had to at least try it - my wife tells me organic is good.