Greenport Harbor Disorient IPA
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 24   MEAN: 3.58/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
This American style IPA features three of the finest American ’C’ hops: Chinook, Columbus, and Cascade. The bold hoppiness is offset with notes of caramel from crystal malt.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
LilBeerDoctor (3505) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 19, 2009
Growler from the brewery. Pours a dark brown with a creamy white head. Aroma of caramel malt, tropical fruits, grassy hops. Flavor of caramel malt, citrus, bready malts, floral hops. Easy drinking beer. My favorite of the Greenport offerings, although compared to other IPAs it is not so impressive. Still, a fun beer to enjoy a growler of. 7/4/8/4/15 [3.8/5]

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
PeterPort (1) - port washington, New York, USA - AUG 18, 2009 does not count
Growler pour straight from the brewery, brought home and enjoyed over a week’s time. Lovely color, nice bitterness, not gimmicky. Very hoppy. I think it has a fairly high alcohol content. I will definitely seek this one out again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
bonbright7 (181) - Jacksonville, Florida, USA - AUG 16, 2009
This new brewery just emerged on the Long Island’s north fork and I have had this great IPA at two fun events in the past week. This sample came from a growler pouring at Bellport Beer. The amber brown ale poured well with a milky head appearing on top, which invited the first taste. The heavy scent of hops and the curious malty elements appeared in support of the aroma. The following taste was so hearty that I thought the ale might actually be a Double IPA with immediate thoughts of comparable ales. Drawing on a wealth of great taste, I emptied a growler into my successive pint glasses as I tried to pick out the hop characters employed to create the spicy accents to the flowing taste. With the growler completed, I was left wishing I had a kegerator with a 1/2 barrel of this great IPA in my able hands to share with my friends.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
beerbill (3531) - Laurel, New York, USA - AUG 16, 2009
From a growler filled at Greenport Harbor and consumed later the same day. Pours a slightly hazed deep reddish amber with a moderate-large off-white head that lasted through two-thirds of the glass and left lots of sticky lace creating a very nice web on the glass. Pleasant aroma of grapefruit, pine and to a lesser extent malt. The flavor is English malt up front follwed by a solid dose of grapefruit and pine. The bitterness level is spot on and not overdone, with the bitterness lingering briefly beyond the swallow. Medium bodied. To me, this ale is a combination of an English style IPA with an American twist (the hops), and it works very well. This is the best beer in their portfolio thus far. Well done!