overall
Brewed by Grolsche Bierbrouwerij Ned. (SABMiller)
Style: Pale Lager
Boekelo, Netherlands

RATINGS: 1992   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.53/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Bottle: Filtered and force-carbonated.
Premium Lager / Pilsner Since 1615
Ingredients: Water, Malted barley, Hops
The company’s best selling lager.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
dwyerpg (5489) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - AUG 11, 2003
This is a nice beer. Not good to look at, but that's why you leave it in the bottle. Has a crisp fullfilling taste and a nice finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
DuffManOhYeah (133) - USA - AUG 9, 2003
Not terrible. A very drinkable beer, but very similar to Hollande 1620 and somewhat similar to Heineken. Pretty good, but not my favorite, especially at that price.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
enormousstormis (11) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - AUG 4, 2003
This is good. I like it. I remember first trying it and expecting a mediocre beer and i got a fairly high quality one instead.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 2, 2003
Yellow beer with loose fizzy head. Has what I call that “funky Heineken” smell. Flavor is slightly musty and veggie-like. Drinkable when well-chilled, less than drinkable at cellar temperature. Death to lagers in green bottles. Why am I a sucker for that swing-top bottle?

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jerkadilly74 (155) - mooresville, Indiana, USA - AUG 1, 2003
For all of you homeberwers that have been living in a cave, these bottles are the best for bottling. That aside, this was the first imported brew that I ever drank. I loved it then and I think it's still pretty good now. Skunky at first followed by some intense carbonation. Much more fun to drink out of the fliptops.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
ElGaucho (2387) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - JUL 31, 2003
I believe this was the first beer I ever drank when I was 13 years old. I remember thinking that drinking a whole beer was difficult to do, and I think it was the smaller bottle version. Aroma is hard to identify..perhaps like a rubber tire? Large white head, mostly disappating. Deep gold in color with swirling carbonation. Good lace. Crisp with a bite. Solid lager flavor. Very drinkable. Love the green swingtop bottle. Good for a lager but haven't had many lagers that have blown me away and this is no exception.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
bluevegie (3071) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - JUL 27, 2003
Drinkable mass market beer, quite like the aroma,pale yellow in colour, clean and crisp on the finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
steasa (12) - Brisbane, AUSTRALIA - JUL 27, 2003
Very refined clean crisp lager.Fresh grassy aroma.Lemon overtones in taste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
noheinie4u (37) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - JUL 24, 2003
Drinkable beer...have to get past the interesting aroma... not bad, but not great...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
lipskin (38) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - JUL 23, 2003
Oderifous skunkiness! Nice big head diminishes rather quickly. Slight lacing. Pale yellow color. Oily mouthfeel, kind of like drinking olive oil. It's alright, I guess.