overall
Brewed by Grolsche Bierbrouwerij Ned. (SABMiller)
Style: Pale Lager
Boekelo, Netherlands

RATINGS: 2005   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.53/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Bottle: Filtered and force-carbonated.
Premium Lager / Pilsner Since 1615
Ingredients: Water, Malted barley, Hops
The company’s best selling lager.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Blake (396) - Orange, California, USA - JUL 13, 2003
Had from 5 liter mini-keg on July 12th, 2003 - Day 12 of Blake's Beer Month™
I really hadn't planned on having Grolsch as part of my beer month - especially with Kalamazoo Bells', Victorys and 2 Traquair House Jacobite Ales sitting in the fridge, but due to a short trip away from the house, and away from my beers, this was all I was left with. The beer has a weak aroma, not much to it, with the taste being similar. While the beer has a good golden coloring to it, it's nothing special in the least with a taste that is crisp, but seems watered down. Perhaps a re-rate is in order out of something other than a 5 liter keg, but I can't see myself liking this beer much - just devoid of any true taste or substance.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
waveman352 (178) - Saratoga Springs, New York, USA - JUL 12, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 29, 2004 Good beer witha good aftertaste. I’d call it a glorified Heineken but it has a unique bottle and tasted relativly good. Nothing special.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
alimcb (23) - ENGLAND - JUL 11, 2003
Grolsch has got that musty, dry pilsner taste that always puts me off. Available cheap in the UK, and a good buy compared to the other premium lagers like Kronenbourg and Stella.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
itsmax (103) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - JUL 10, 2003
Cool bottle, not bad taste. Crisp on the palate, with nice head. A tad hoppy but that's fine with me. Give it a go.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - JUL 10, 2003
Tart and very refreshing, typical musty, malty nose. Tingly hop action. Hit the spot. Nice looking head. Far better than I expected.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
EKGoldings (634) - Radford, Virginia, USA - JUL 9, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 18, 2003 I buy this stuff for the bottles so I can bottle my homebrew. Nice light hop aroma, mild lager flavors, light malt, light hop bitterness. Lack of pronounced malt flavor of german or Czec lagers suggests rice is used. Not a bad beer, certainly a big step up from most American/Canadian/Oz lagers, but one that I can't fall in love with because it is too light. Tastes like a light version of a German lager (St Pauli Girl, Bitsburger, etc).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Perkeo (322) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUL 7, 2003
I've all ways had a soft spot for this beer, I think it's very balanced and clean every goddamn bottle, and it has a great interplay between medium bodied pale lager malt and a grassy, herbal hop character with very quenching bitterness. For a beer that's easy to find just about anywhere in the world, it's one of the best, I*M*H*O.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
LordNeuf (136) - Acton, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 6, 2003
Wasn't a strikingly terrific beer. It does have good color and flavor, and it is better than Becks. But I still prefer my Bitburger to it. BUT THE BOTTLES! Oh man home brewer's dream... Self Recycling re-sealable bottles.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
ross (2146) - weddington, North Carolina, USA - JUL 4, 2003
bottle- didnt feel like pour it out, i know what it is going to look like. tastes good maybe a little better than heineken. this beer doesnt have very high ratings, but im a big fan of heineken and beers like this. they are a good fall back beer if you dont know what else to buy. a good effort

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
McWhite (108) - Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 2, 2003
A little better than budweiser, but I may be overcritical because I had high hopes since a friend recommended it.