overall
Brewed by Grolsche Bierbrouwerij Ned. (SABMiller)
Style: Premium Lager
Boekelo, Netherlands
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1791   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.52   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
The company’s best selling lager. Filtered and force-carbonated.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
duece (103) - Waterford, Wisconsin, USA - APR 2, 2002
Enjoyable but not preferred. Too light a flavor nice change of pace beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
dolemike1 (1288) - Jeannette, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 1, 2002
I must have had something really bad before i drank this the first time i rated it (a 3.3 no less). Now when i drink it it reminds me of sweaty feet.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
maxhits (172) - Pico Rivera, California, USA - MAR 29, 2002
The traditional bottling holds great nostalgic appeal for me. Drink this beer with a nice Sauerbraten mit Kartofeln. It is a good beer, in a great old fashioned bottled, that has more style and character than any mass market beer on the market.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
spydog (75) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - MAR 28, 2002
This beer was weak. Light body, decent hop taste but poor for a lager.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
olympian (107) - USA - MAR 28, 2002
A fine Dutch import. One of the most ’hop fragrant’ brews out there (a selling point to me), with a big, balanced malt/hop taste. Little complexity aside from that, though, and one of the lighter-bodied lagers. Nice brew, if not a world-beater.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
beerbus (20) - Fishers, Indiana, USA - MAR 26, 2002
I love the aroma of hops found when opening a non skunky bottle. No other beer I’ve found has it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
zborgerd (187) - Illinois, USA - MAR 25, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 3, 2006 I really like Grolsch. I imagine that there are plenty of better German beers out there, but this suits me well. It is a bit skunky at times, though isn’t as bad as St. Pauley Girl or Heineken. Maybe this is a green bottle issue, but I think that it still goes down pretty smooth and has a nice bite. The big bottles are really neat too. This is my favorite from the local grocery store, but there are better beers out there. This fits the style very well though. (LordNeuf- Thanks for the bottle idea! I’ve been toying with brewing some beers, and that was the missing component!)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
pjcoupe (105) - Perryton, Texas, USA - MAR 24, 2002
Very hoppy aroma ,taste,and finish>I used to think this was a beer that had gone skunky,but after trying a few ’exports’ you recognixze this type of flavor and appreciate it more. Not one of my favorites but I rated it a little higher because I think it is what it is supposed to be.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Odin (123) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - MAR 23, 2002
Very good for a change of pace, but it is over priced to say the least. Goes down easy though and has an appealing aftertaste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - MAR 21, 2002
UPDATED: APR 12, 2004 Smelled and tasted a little skunky. Not my favorite but I would drink it again. The bottles are cool shit. I drank it with my ex girlfriend's dad. I miss that guy.