overall
Brewed by Grolsche Bierbrouwerij Ned. (SABMiller)
Style: Premium Lager
Boekelo, Netherlands
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1865   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.52   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
The company’s best selling lager. Filtered and force-carbonated.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
BruceLeroy (111) - North Dakota, USA - JUN 6, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 21, 2003 The bottle fucking kicks ass. Heineken with extra hops is my assessment. Pretty tasty and has a certain thickness that I was not expecting. Skunky, but not skunky in a nasty way. It's part of the flavor if you can believe that. Tastes like lots of cereal grains in this one. I know people who don't like it because of the skunkiness, but I don't particularily mind it at all. I'm sure it would be outstanding on a hot summer day. I would buy it again if it was about half the price it normally is. I like the stuff, but unfortunately won't buy it again because of the price. Ok, MAYBE I might try some again, but it sucks to pay so much for this! OVERPRICED! And a bit bitter.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
sleepdirt (169) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - JUN 5, 2002
Pretty good Euro-pils. Bit hoppier--with grassy notes. Still, it is refreshing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
malbert (105) - odense, DENMARK - JUN 4, 2002
despite from the bottle, i find this one a little to ordinary.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
DougShoemaker (3147) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 2, 2002
Skunky, grassy smell. Straw colour, foamy head. Grassy taste, bitterness in the after taste. Good carbonation. Ordinary.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
pilsnerrogge (2594) - Finspång, SWEDEN - JUN 2, 2002
If it wasn’t for the pine needle-flavour in the finish this would have been an avarage lager.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
RichardGretton (4379) - Leicestershire, ENGLAND - JUN 2, 2002
Well carbonated beer with a very hoppy aroma and flavour. Overall an average lager.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
JohnDo2000 (99) - Metairie, Louisiana, USA - MAY 30, 2002
Oh my god, what a cool bottle! Oh my god, the beer isn’t as good as the bottle. Okok, I don’t want to be too harsh, but it wasn’t waht I was expecting. Tasted a little bit like a Heinikan (sp), but bithout that metallic bite. Considering that particular fault of heinikan is what keeps me away from it, I could drink this beer as a very good alternative. Would buy it again, but wouldn’t go out of my way for it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
bubslang (438) - Kentwood, Michigan, USA - MAY 30, 2002
slightly skunky aroma, average lager, very ordinary, wish they put as much work into what goes in the bottle, as the bottle itself

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
karsten (240) - odense, DENMARK - MAY 29, 2002
An average lager. Neutral aroma. A bit fizzy but ice-cold it is refreshing. Beautiful bottle. Overpriced!!!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Jfishback13 (275) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - MAY 25, 2002
Not really very good at all. I always saw the bottles when I worked at a bar and figured that they must be great. It was a great advertisement, but sadly that is all. The beer had an off-flavor and simply put is not good. The amber is quite a bit better, but certainly not great.