overall
Brewed by Grolsche Bierbrouwerij Ned. (SABMiller)
Style: Premium Lager
Boekelo, Netherlands
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1888   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.53   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
The company’s best selling lager. Filtered and force-carbonated.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - FEB 11, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 2, 2005 Bottle, best by 29APR2005 drank on 2MAY2005: What a differance three days can make. I looked at my old rating, a shitty 1.0. I described nothing. I can do better now. Light hazy yellow with a thin, small-bubbled white head, smells like corn and sweet yeast (side note: This bottle is not lightstruck in any way, unless it was done at the factory, as I tore this out of a encased twelve 12 oz bottle pack), watery, thin, not enough hops to interest a starving bee. After like five minutes under this lights it tastes skuncked. Freaking unbelievable. Old rating: A step above Budcoorsmiller, however a step below being drinkable. Thin, weak skunky taste. Save the bottle and give it to a homebrewer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
snapdharlich (29) - SCOTLAND - FEB 11, 2002
Grolsch is a fantastic all rounder. Light whilst full of flavour and served in a bottle that is a pleasure to drink from - Very easy to get sozzled on.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
jagwil99 (4) - PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA - FEB 8, 2002 does not count
One of my all time favourites.A good,refreshing beer.Slightly overpriced here.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Davhgbrew (947) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 7, 2002
Tasted similar to Heiniken and Becks, an overpriced bitter, flavorless beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Ernest (6698) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - FEB 6, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 28, 2007 Bottle (BB Apr 08). Head is initially small, frothy/fizzy, white, mostly diminishing. Body is clear medium yellow. Aroma is lightly malty (grain), lightly hoppy (herbs), with a note of DMS. Flavor is lightly to moderately sweet, lightly bitter. Finish is lightly sweet, moderately bitter, slightly unclean. Light to medium body, watery texture, lively/fizzy carbonation. Not too bad for the style. I remember swillin’ on this in early college and thinking it was exotic. My, how things have changed.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
LuckySmarms99 (80) - Ontario, USA - FEB 5, 2002
Rating from memory, I remember this beer making me sick on site. It didn’t smell that bad, but then I tasted it. It was bitter and carried a very weak, if noticeable, flavor. Skip it.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
TheRavishingOne (45) - Cumming, Georgia, USA - FEB 4, 2002

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
crazydiamond (48) - Michigan, USA - FEB 4, 2002
This was the best beer in the world (or so I told my wife) when I first became a home brewer. Me thinks the bottle was the attraction; I guess I can convince myself of anything. I paid way to much for this beer, and now I don’t use the bottles any more.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
jmusial99 (27) - USA - FEB 3, 2002
Nice. This does not takelike a regular lager, it has more of the features of a pilsner. I laos collect the bottles for my own brewing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - FEB 2, 2002
If you’ve read my reviews of Heineken where I said we thought it was the best beer in the world when we were in high school, until St. Pauli girl came along, well this became the next ’world’s best beer’ after it appeared on the market. How could it not have been, with that cool bottle? Until Brand beer from Holland came along with the white bottle... My taste buds are all grown up now, Grolsch is ok, I gave it an extra appearance point for the bottle and the ’2-pac’ but in reality it is just an average beer. Their amber is above average though.