Growers MacIntosh Apple Cider
     click to upload

Brewed by Growers Cider Company
Style: Cider
Kelowna, Canada

RATINGS: 7   MEAN: 2.21/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.32/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
daniel0017 (430) - Yukon, CANADA - OCT 7, 2006
I love a sweet cider. Smells of sweet fully ripened macintosh apples. Pours out a golden color with quickly dissipating short, bubbly head. This is like drinking carbonated apple juice with bite. This drink could quite possibly achieve greater commercial success if it were marketed more as an apple cooler rather than cider. Overall, I love it.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
HazelRah (276) - Summerland, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 1, 2006
Pours a heavily-carbonated yellow reminiscent of club soda. Tangy with a sweet finish. Worth trying as macs do make a good cider.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
dirkules (629) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 16, 2004
yellow, and bubbly, but unlike the Dry and the Granny. it doesn’t cloy with the apple acidity. As a matter of fact, it’s very watery. For a cider that’s sort of like a death knell isn’t it?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
ciderguy (98) - Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 30, 2003
Let me first start by thanking radiomgb for helping me sample this monster. Yowzazz! I thought I was a fan of cider of the sweetier variety until I tangled with this beast. Pucker up, here she comes! Nose is quite fragrant of apples, what I would call the near sour non-ripe kind. Pour was light and essentially with out head. Flavor was as sweet if not sour as any cider I've had before. Left a clean aftertaste. Bottom line, this stuff was too sweet for me. I never thought I'd see the day I would admit that.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
CapFlu (4918) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 12, 2003
(Bottle) Pours no head and a golden-apple body. Aroma of spiced apples. Flavours of cider, apple juice, apple pies and apples. Somewhat sweeter than the Granny Smith sister offering. Hey, come on... its cider!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Cartoonkhaki (1223) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 22, 2002
Apples hmmmm.. sweet sweet apples.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
DougShoemaker (3147) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 30, 2002
Apple aroma, very light yellow. Soapy apple flavour, cloying, poor.