Brewed by St. James’s Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 4935   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.4/5   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Available in cans, kegs and bottles with nitrogen and carbon dioxide. Pasteurised. Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder.
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Kalli (502) - Falun, SWEDEN - NOV 1, 2003
I'll skip mentioning how it looks, except it looks rather good. Couldn't find an excuse not to give it a full house on that one! Now, my aroma rating is affected by me tasting it in a smoky pub. The taste however should not be affected. I'm just surprised this stuff doesn't have a fuller body. The taste remindes me slightly of coffe and so does the body. Still it's a pleasant beer to sip, but it leaves me wanting a fuller stout. There must be something that packs a stouter punch out there...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
frankR (145) - Davis, California, USA - OCT 29, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 11, 2004 Appearence is absolutely spectacular, down right entertaining. The head is beer whiped cream, yum. Flovour is rather mild, has the texture of coffee. So mild I sometimes add a shot of whiskey to liven things up.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Probiere (992) - Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 27, 2003
UPDATED: APR 3, 2004 Full marks for appearance, of course. Inoffensive and empty. This is a session beer for when you are too tired to want to contemplate what you're drinking.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
dankitydancer (58) - Arizona, USA - OCT 24, 2003
the single greatest beer ever created in the history of the world period..u cant beat a pint from the down the pub love it all hail guinness

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
micheller (14) - mukilteo, Washington, USA - OCT 24, 2003
i don't like coffee beers....yuck it is to dark and too thick....this beer is only for hh.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
ChazyRPh (583) - Chazy, New York, USA - OCT 22, 2003
Pours a beautiful onyx color out of the nitro bottle. I know, it says to drink straight from the bottle, but I think it tastes just as good out of a pint. Nice creamy, frothy head. Silky mouth feel, aroma of toasted malts mostly chocolate. Nice slight bitter tongue with smokey chocolate flavor. I very nice stout.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
shadey (2020) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - OCT 21, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 16, 2011 FROM CAN OR BOTTLE: This is an old classic. You can get it anywhere and it won’t cost a fortune. My only complaint is it is slightly more bitter than say Murphy’s Irish Stout. 6/4/6/3/15 FROM TAP: I just had this in philidelphia (December 2004) from a place (Kildare’s) certified by Guinness and it made all the difference in the world. Outstanding mouthfeel with no bitterness in the flavor. Most of the people complaining about this beer are correct in their criticism, but the stuff they served at Kildare’s was fresh and delicious. A whole ’nother world. 6/5/8/4/17

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
ancherrera (162) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 20, 2003
Like drinking a glass of bread. Good mouth feel and a lighter taste than the appearnce would suggest. Creamy feel and quite enjoyable.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
jfm (1724) - Holbæk, DENMARK - OCT 20, 2003
CAN: Poured a nice black with a beautiful greyish head. The taste is slightly bitter, almost smoked.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 11/20
boatswains (6) - USA - OCT 18, 2003 does not count
In 1980 I pulled into Cork and being a good little sailor I went strait to the pub. I asked for the local brew and for the first time in my life I had a Guinness. I have never had a beer moment quite like that. It was almost a religous experience. From that day Guinness has always been my favorate tap. My rating here is for Tap Guinness only. canned and bottle would rate slighty lower