overall
Brewed by St. Jamesís Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 4788   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Available in cans, kegs and bottles with nitrogen and carbon dioxide. Pasteurised. Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder.
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
SlamminScott (40) - USA - FEB 10, 2003
This stuff just brings a smile to my face. I don't know if it's the incredible appearance or the smooth creamy/coffee flavor, but this stuff rocks!! The head is what makes this beer, both in appearance and in flavor. That first sip with the full head is truly heavenly.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
WabashMan (1016) - Noblesville, Indiana, USA - FEB 10, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 6, 2004 What can we say about a Guinness Draft pint? Well, it holds a special place in all our hearts but, in truth, there are many stouts that are above and beyond. Not even really that good among drys, this is really the watery macro drinkers attempt to seem like a connoisseur.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
TheBelgian (24) - USA - FEB 10, 2003
Rich and creamy cascading in the glass because of the fantabulous "rocket widget." Dark roasted taste, smooth, creamy on the palate. Slight bitterness in the ending compliments the dark roast.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
edden (925) - cow- lumbus, Ohio, USA - FEB 9, 2003
UPDATED: APR 15, 2004 2/8/03: can. thick rich milkshakey head. lots of malt and some roastedness. love the widget at the bottom of the can.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - FEB 8, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 5, 2008 I like it much more the extra stout. Creamy and tasty very refreshing. I like that they put the CO2 in the bottle to keep it fresh. Great when very cold, it is a clasic for a reason. Semi food like. On tap in a bar that specialises in only large name brands it is heaven.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
fuelbrewed (7) - Dunedin, Florida, USA - FEB 8, 2003 does not count
This you must understand is an acquired taste, but once you get it,its like nothing else. It delivers everything that should be expected from a stout. Robust yet not overbearing flavor, beautiful color, and remarkable texture. Thumbs up!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
desurfer (1244) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - FEB 8, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 16, 2003 After much beer experience, I have come to learn that Guinness is not the pinnacle of stouts. Nonetheless, it is smooth and good drinking, and will always have a place in my heart. It's one of the beers that opened my eyes to the world of good beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerPrince (1701) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 8, 2003
Nice big creamy head with great lacing. Nose is sweet and enjoyable. Body is obviously dark and thick. Taste is very creamy and rich with a slightly bitter and hoppy finish. Drinks like a meal. I hope I can have this pumped to me one day.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Dorwart (2410) - Robbinsville, New Jersey, USA - FEB 8, 2003
Excellent head as in the pub draft. Settles nicely to a thick creamy head which lasts the duration. Slight coffee and malt aroma as well as taste. Nice dark brown/black in color. Is a little bit thinner than what I remember. Says to drink straight from the bottle which is a sin since half the enjoyment is watching the settling. A good stout which I would consider to be on the lighter side.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
awaller05 (305) - Sharon, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 7, 2003
Mmmmm... I love going to my favorite version of a Irish pub (N. Illinois ratebeerians send me an message and I'll tell you where) and trying a tapped Guinness. I love it if the bartender knows how to draw it in to the glass. A must try for any Irish dinner.