Brewed by St. Jamesís Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 4935   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.4/5   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Available in cans, kegs and bottles with nitrogen and carbon dioxide. Pasteurised. Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder.
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
biomechanic (55) - Washington, USA - JUL 9, 2003
I've never had the opportunity to taste this one in Europe but I heard positive remarks. I have to say that is fairly good in bottles and better on tap.Needles to say, this is a classic and is the standart.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JUL 8, 2003
I cannot believe I forgot to rate this one. I like stouts, I do not like Guiness, and in my opeinion, people who think that Guiness is the best, have never gotten out and tried anything else, and usually do not want to. This stout is extremely overrated, full bodied and burnt, the beer that eats like a meal. I hear that if you have it in the UK, though it is much better.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
uvajed (178) - Ravenna, Ohio, USA - JUL 6, 2003
I'm definitely a stout fan, and I have many favorites, but Guinness draught is still the standard. Not high in alcohol, but the flavor is a perfect balance of chocolatey malts and a coffee-like bitterness. I keep hoping for something better, though this is just about as good as it gets. Bonus points for availabliity.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Steib (613) - Queen Creek, Arizona, USA - JUL 1, 2003
Draught in the bottle. Everything started out nice, good head, color, aroma. Then came the taste. Sorry, this is the second time I've had this beer and my taste and opinion hasn't changed. Very light, watery tasting. The aftertaste came out like tasting bacon. Just no character from this beer. Has an old coffee-like taste to it. Still, can't wait to try the original in Ireland.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
bowen008 (134) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 1, 2003
Could be more intense. The beer is quite coffe, chocolate like. Filling and satisfying. I love the nitrogen bubbles. Drink with coconut pound cake.

haddon90 (1575) - Costa Mesa, California, USA - JUN 29, 2003
Deep black with a nice creamy head. Srong taste...kind of like coffee. I love having this beer....heavy and somewhat strong.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
VTDeerHunter (51) - Vermont, USA - JUN 29, 2003
Jet black with a creamy head. Roasty, dry aroma. Light roasty-dry flavor. Needs a little more body and flavor--I find it too thin for a stout. Otherwise, it's good for a macro.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
shotgun1431 (134) - franklin furnace, Ohio, USA - JUN 25, 2003
Rich creamy head. Nice woody flavor. The after taste is good but could be better. I really like this beer and would recommend it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Gearwar (56) - Rochester, New Hampshire, USA - JUN 25, 2003
Im sure most people that are on this website have tried Guinness at some point, so I will keep this short. Its great tasting, heavy as hell, and makes a perfect beer for doing car bombs, which I might add is the best drink around

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
EYEdrinkFREELY (24) - warren, Ohio, USA - JUN 24, 2003
guinness. wow. i went from bud lite to guinness within 4 years of drinking. it's a classic. the head is smooth and beautiful. it's like a liquid meal in a tall cup. i think i could live on this stuff just about.