overall
Brewed by St. Jamesís Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 4757   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Available in cans, kegs and bottles with nitrogen and carbon dioxide. Pasteurised. Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder.
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
MrGregAD199 (65) - Medford, Oregon, USA - DEC 27, 2002

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
AndyOtremba99 (12) - Long Prairie, Minnesota, USA - DEC 26, 2002
What a great thing this is. Nowhere near as good as fron the tap but for me living in the middle of nowhere itís the best I can ask for. I love the chocolate and coffee taste this beer has. Iím sure my rating is pretty high but until I find better itís in my top 5.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Donatas (188) - Vilnius, LITHUANIA - DEC 25, 2002
Sweet aroma, little biterness in the end. Fine stout.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
hayden1215 (321) - Ohio, USA - DEC 25, 2002
Chocolate sweet coffee aroma, creamy head. Hoppy bitter finish. Head and shoulders better than the bottles or cans.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
eRenner (11) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - DEC 24, 2002
One of my favorite stouts, itís been there when the going was tough, and continues to prove itself again and again. Excellent mouthfeel, solid head, enjoyable palate, and very nice finish. The draught is the only real way to consume this beverage. Slante!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
djmonkey99 (10) - USA - DEC 24, 2002
The beer I drank on my 21st birthday, I returned to it recently and my hair started growing back. Maybe itís the vitamins?

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
ogivlado (6079) - Zagreb, CROATIA - DEC 24, 2002
Sampled draught at Garage Pub, Zagreb, Croatia. -good and nice aroma dark color creamy head

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
CaptainCougar (7133) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - DEC 23, 2002
I must say I was a little disheartened by these phrases imprinted on the bottle: "Serve Extra Cold" and "Drink straight from the bottle." Nonetheless, I poured it into a glass around 50F. This has one of the best heads anywhere, but the body is far too thin to be considered stout. It does have a pleasant roasted character, though. Very comparable to the can version, and not too far from the tap version.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
chong (10) - Ligonier, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 23, 2002
The best beer i drank on my 21st birthday, worth the hype.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
uhorpheus (215) - houston, Texas, USA - DEC 22, 2002
Classic cascade effect as it settles, great creamy thick beer, the basis for all others. Much better draft than in the bottle, but those widget cans arenít too bad...