overall
Brewed by St. Jamesís Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 4624   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Available in cans, kegs and bottles with nitrogen and carbon dioxide. Pasteurised. Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder.
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mwesth (279) - Skovlunde, DENMARK - AUG 10, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 6, 2003 This is so good! I guess it is the best looking beer i know, and the taste is allmost as good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
Inveigler (371) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - AUG 9, 2002
If I had a time machine, do you think that I would go back and stop Hitler? No. Would I take the opportunity to meet Christ? Probably not. I would, however, stop the creation of nitrogen cans. Basically, what you are doing is drinking a flat beer with a hell of a head. Guinness is no exception. The flavor is still fabulous, but the mouthfeel and palate are horrible. I would rate the palate lower than í1í if that was an option. Still, itís Guinness, and how can you stay mad at the one you love?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Philosopher99 (24) - arnold, Maryland, USA - AUG 7, 2002
I tried this once, and didnít know what the fuss is about. Tried it again, and thought I might like it in the future. Then a third time, and well, I really enjoyed the smooth (watery) texture. Now Iím somewhat hooked and am going to try some more stouts.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ludi (32) - Reston, Virginia, USA - AUG 7, 2002
Guiness is gold. Somebody tell me otherwise. Rich, creamy, and delicious. Full of character without being overbearing. I think Iíve found my true love.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
pivo (2566) - GERMANY - AUG 6, 2002
Once you get through the thick, frothy tan head that doesnít quit, there is a nice malty, roasted aroma. The taste is crisp and bitter, with coffee-like tones. Kinda thin body though. Classic and very enjoyable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Schy (5) - Bridgeville, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 5, 2002 does not count
This is an Irishmanís everyday stout. My friends and I drink so much Guinness that we decided to buy it by the keg from now on. Having Guinness on-tap in the house is great!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
HarmonKill-a-Brew (407) - Wilmar, Arkansas, USA - AUG 3, 2002
UPDATED: APR 29, 2003 Finally, I get to drink this from the tap. Very nice aroma... I could smell it before the waiter sat it on the table. I felt the stronger aroma was the big difference between this and the bottled draught version. I like the extra stout better, but this stuff is great!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bsii99 (13) - Berkeley, California, USA - AUG 2, 2002
I didnít care for the opening on the can. It was a little flat, but it had a nice texture, and a very strong flavor. Iíve only had this once, so before I can say more Iíll have to give it another go.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
senjiro (35) - Wheat Ridge, Colorado, USA - AUG 2, 2002
decent and drinkable. lacks aroma. predominant flavor is nitrogen. more like a dark ale than a true stout.

rkn65 (106) - st. clair shores, Michigan, USA - AUG 1, 2002