overall
Brewed by St. Jamesís Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 4872   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Available in cans, kegs and bottles with nitrogen and carbon dioxide. Pasteurised. Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder.
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
DrunkAsASkunk (847) - Lynnwood, Washington, USA - OCT 20, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 8, 2003 Now this is the ultimate in a draft. Excellent head, a very distiguished and bold taste. I could drink this night and day...oh wait..i already do! RERATE 01/08/03: OK...after getting a couple pints of this in me at Dick"s Last Resort in San Diego, because my friends thought it would be funny as hell to get me drunk, ive got to re-rate this downward a bunch. As my palate has developed the sweet malts here have just died down. Good appearance..nice body, but thin mouthfeel and little aroma bring this one down.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Kevbo99 (149) - Dunmore, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 20, 2002
I have ot say i had this a while ago and did not like it but after i started drinking some more stouts and i learned to appreciate them more. guinness, even though the price is a little dear it is still a good everyday stout.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
confusedboy0 (99) - BELGIUM - OCT 19, 2002
Becomes better when i get older... Iíve heard peopleís taste changes when getting older; i canít reject.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Nesta13 (205) - AUSTRALIA - OCT 19, 2002
Iíve been a bit kind to this in the past. Everyone knows what this tastes like - itís a good dry stout but nothing more.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mindtheft (28) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 16, 2002
When poured right this beer is immaculate! However if the server gives it to you in less then 2 minutes the taste can be more than off! I drink this as often as I can!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
slimjim (106) - New Jersey, USA - OCT 16, 2002
A good dry stout. I rarely drink this without a bass bottom, but enjoyable when i drink it straight.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
BEERICUS - The Beer Prophet99 (11) - CANADA - OCT 14, 2002
this beer is so bitter it tastes like acid in my mouth. I wish I could give a negative rating. Its the worst beer iíve ever had

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
hoorayforbeer (105) - Denton, Texas, USA - OCT 13, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 18, 2003 So much weaker than the extra stout... Looked great and was very smooth, but was lacking in flavor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Burnzes99 (6) - USA - OCT 12, 2002 does not count

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
InTheHopper99 (11) - USA - OCT 10, 2002
There is nothing more beautiful than a freshly poured Guinness; draft, can, or bottle. The thick creamy head and cascade of carbonation are like watching one of those old movies with a synchronized swimming routine. Not that crap in the Olympics. My heart is warmed and my eyes fixated. OK, so itís watery compared to real draft and the flavor can have a bit of a tin flavor sometimes. But, come on, itís smooth and warms my belly on a cold day like Motherís oatmeal. Yes, I admit drinking it for breakfast on occasion.