overall
Brewed by St. Jamesís Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 4817   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Available in cans, kegs and bottles with nitrogen and carbon dioxide. Pasteurised. Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder.
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Northernbrewer (147) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - AUG 29, 2002
The dark color belies how light this beer really is. A mild bitterness and somwhat thin body are masked by the gimicky nitro draft system. Give me my Real Ale!!! Still, this is the bar by which others are measured and it is well brewed by whatever contract brewer Guinness is using these days, so I will give it a few marks for that.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
DEbeer (192) - West Virginia, USA - AUG 28, 2002
I like this better than Guinness I have had from a bottle or on tap. This is so smooth. The most amazing thing was the head, creamy, half-inch, lasted all the way down. I am impressed.

wienerherb99 (21) - Wien, AUSTRIA - AUG 28, 2002
still best on tap in Ireland, and not too cold ( forget the ice cold version ).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
scottyg (79) - Gainesville, Florida, USA - AUG 27, 2002
Had to give it a 4 for appearance b/c itís darker than mud. :O) Good for a macrobrewed beer of sorts, but sorry other Irishmen, I cannot drink it warm, has to be cold.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
Wilecat (66) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - AUG 27, 2002
Wow, I think this beer taste great for coming out of a bottle.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
FastEddie (230) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - AUG 26, 2002
Still canít figure out why in the hell people insist on serving this stuff ice-cold. I usually wait a few minutes til it reaches room temperature before inbibing. Usually available and always good, especially from a nitrogen tap.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Allseeingeye (223) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - AUG 24, 2002
Those who know, Know!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Jfishback13 (275) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - AUG 24, 2002
Certainly the best way to have Guinness is on tap. The flavor is simple and creamy. I wonít go on a rant about this beer, but Iíve really been enjoying this as of recent. Excellent in a black & tan with either Harp or Bass.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
stormking (23) - Cuddy, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 24, 2002
I am so pleased that such a good beer is as widely available as it is. I am genuinely disappointed when I sit down in a restaurant and they donít have Guinness on draft. You must witness the pour of a guinness. As it settles, it mesmerizes. (I especially like when the lass pouring puts a heart or shamrock on the amazingly light colored head. Coffee and chocolate flavors are apparent. I actually like the low alcohol content, because that means I get to drink more of it. Good with any food from appetizers to dessert. Just a great beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
hoebag99 (4) - USA - AUG 23, 2002 does not count
Not as good as the stuff out of the tap in London. Still has that great character that is all about Guinness.