Brewed by St. Jamesís Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 4903   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.4   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Available in cans, kegs and bottles with nitrogen and carbon dioxide. Pasteurised. Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder.
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
InTheHopper99 (11) - USA - OCT 10, 2002
There is nothing more beautiful than a freshly poured Guinness; draft, can, or bottle. The thick creamy head and cascade of carbonation are like watching one of those old movies with a synchronized swimming routine. Not that crap in the Olympics. My heart is warmed and my eyes fixated. OK, so itís watery compared to real draft and the flavor can have a bit of a tin flavor sometimes. But, come on, itís smooth and warms my belly on a cold day like Motherís oatmeal. Yes, I admit drinking it for breakfast on occasion.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
LoveCaissa (873) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - OCT 10, 2002
Somewhat better than the bottled version (which I rated at 3.5). You have got to love the head!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
iguanatom (24) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - OCT 9, 2002
I expected more from the beer than it was and maybe that was the problem, but the cascading foam wasnít as impressive as I expected, the flavor was just alright, and it really didnít finish well for me. I also found nothing to enjoy with it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
DavefromChicago (201) - Illinois, USA - OCT 8, 2002
Its all about mouthfeel and the characteristic dry, bitter finish. Frankly, thereís not alot going on otherwise. Malt is understated, aroma faint at best. Not terribly complex. Creamy, tangy, bitter. Head persistent at 1/8 inch. It can be addicting, I know, but its just not that great. To make it worse the genuine Chicago Irish pub I drank it in served it in a plastic cup!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
RedTickBeer (39) - Gainesville, Florida, USA - OCT 6, 2002
I will admit my bias up front. I am Irish. I beleive Guiness to be a classic. I really have a hard time relating to people who donít like this Irish beauty from the tap. Donít ask, Just drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
jamrun (137) - Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA - OCT 5, 2002
My first real beer I enjoyed and will always go back to

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Linc (739) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - OCT 4, 2002
Tasted like sour milk, I couldnít be bothered finishing it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
daboskabouter (1470) - Fergus, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 4, 2002
Black, almost grey creamy head. Nose of burnt wood, or charcoal bbqíed meat with some spices. These flavors are carried into the body, good roast. Nice stout, although a little thin from the can.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Discofish (152) - USA - OCT 4, 2002
A very good beer, and you can find it just about anywhere.

Cian99 (18) - FINLAND - OCT 3, 2002
Well to me thereís nothing like a guinness. I have yet to find a beer which satisfies me as much! In a word...perfection