overall
Brewed by St. Jamesís Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 4683   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Available in cans, kegs and bottles with nitrogen and carbon dioxide. Pasteurised. Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder.
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Shipman (48) - Spring City, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 23, 2002
two words..motor oil..strong, dark, and you better be irish to drink this. I had it served warm and man...everyone should try it at least once.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Fulkrum78 (175) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - FEB 22, 2002
I love the Black Stuff. Great head, great taste, a hearty beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
NWHopHead99 (58) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - FEB 22, 2002
Perhaps the Swiss in Tacoma served it too cold, but I prefered what I got out of the nito-can better. I truly believe that certain beers, especially ones with dark roasted flavors, need to be observed/tasted somewhere between refridgerator and room temperature. Nonetheless, all the wonder of Guinessís ícascadingí froth, and a taaste I havnít found in another beer.

parkhead99 (41) - IRELAND - FEB 22, 2002
Being Irish means I get to drink the best possible pints of this stuff in my local. Tried it in the US a number of times and it is nowhere near as good as in Ireland

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
pjcoupe (105) - Perryton, Texas, USA - FEB 20, 2002
If I close my eyes I think Iím in Cleveland having a fresh drawn draft of my favorite brew,before that little blonde hussy called cheap American lager finally tickled my innards.Sweet,creamy and a little bitter aftertaste.God I wish I was at the Winking Lizard now with my beautiful wife and that nasty Hilko character.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
htomren (12) - Long Beach, California, USA - FEB 20, 2002
Tasted this in a blind tasting of six stouts and we rated it dead last. Afterwards we were shocked to find out it was Guinness Draft since most of us, myself included, were previously Guinness fans to some extent. It has a beautiful head and looks great but is really lacking in flavor compared to other stouts.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
kilgore41599 (98) - Rochester, New York, USA - FEB 19, 2002
This rating also depends on whether or not is is served extra cold. When this is served as such nothing surpasses it as it changes the entire texture of the beer. Once drank 16 imperial pints in one sitting.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
OUAlchy99 (6) - Athens, Ohio, USA - FEB 18, 2002 does not count
This crap is gross. It reminds me of 4 day old coffee served cold.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Evster64 (107) - Kempner, Texas, USA - FEB 18, 2002
Rich, creamy stout with a bitter dry start and a nice malty finish. Too filling to drink with a meal, but would make a nice nightcap. Not Irelandís best product by a long shot but certainly pleasing. Prost.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20