Brewed by St. Jamesís Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 4935   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.4/5   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Available in cans, kegs and bottles with nitrogen and carbon dioxide. Pasteurised. Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder.
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
rlhubley99 (36) - Austin, Texas, USA - SEP 18, 2002
Simply put, a Standard!! Very easy to drink.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
papajohn (1249) - San Diego (Mira Mesa), California, USA - SEP 16, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 17, 2006 9/16/02: Had it on tap at Black Angus. Black as coal with a substantial head. I found the body to be thin and watery, but it did have a nice, light, bitter stout flavor. Drinkable, but nothing special. 3/17/06 Bottle: Deep burgandy color with a medium light tan head. Light aroma of burnt coffee. Flavor is very light, weak black coffee that finishes rather dry and lightly bitter. Body is thin and watery with a velvety texture and soft carbonation.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
morebier4me (140) - New York, USA - SEP 15, 2002

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Dave420 (55) - O.C, California, USA - SEP 15, 2002
never had this beer sober before , but let me tell u after drinking heineken all night this stuff is a blessing. Has a chocolate toffee taste to it thats even throught the whole bottle.... will have to start buying this one more often yum yum give me some Re rate: this time i had it sober, naaaasty stuff .. if i want to drink cofee ill do it not mix it with beer lik this crap.

wheelsolias99 (4) - USA - SEP 14, 2002 does not count
to be irish

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
getsomeplaya99 (19) - Waukegan, Illinois, USA - SEP 14, 2002
Is beer suppose to taste burnt ... I think not

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
Jayb0 (1108) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - SEP 13, 2002
Growing up Boston Irish Iíve had my share of Guinness Draft. I think at this point my opinion is subjective based on all of the great times Iíve had drinking this standard. When fresh and poured well it stands up as a great dry irish stout with that slightly sour bite and legendary head. When off it can taste watery with a mealy mouth-feel. If there is the beer equivalent to comfort-food, this is it for me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
AxeMaster221 (343) - Portland, Oregon, USA - SEP 13, 2002
While Guinness was my first stout, this new draft version in the bottle with a nitro widget just doesnt come close to what made me appreciate the stout style all those years ago. It looks nice, pouring black with a big, creamy tan head, but the nitro just adds a bit of a strange flavor, and the dry, bitter flavors are no longer my favorite either.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
homerman (40) - Clinton, Iowa, USA - SEP 12, 2002
Where have you been all my life? As Kevin Kash would say, Yes I like it. Should be the Nobel prize for this floating draught system. I donít think you can get better if you brew it yourself!!!!! This was my first 4-pack. Iím going shopping!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Simon (42) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - SEP 12, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 31, 2005 Re-rate: Tried this one on tap here in the states and hated it. Maybe I just donít have the experience with dry stouts yet. --- Orignal rate:Yuck. This might be a good beer, but it tastes fake. Maybe itís the nitrogen. No carbonation at all. Feels like milk in your mouth and the taste didnít redeem it. Old toffee. Iíll give Guinness a chance on tap here in the US, because I hope this isnít is all it has to offer.