overall
Brewed by St. Jamesís Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 4833   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Available in cans, kegs and bottles with nitrogen and carbon dioxide. Pasteurised. Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder.
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
LuckySmarms99 (80) - Ontario, USA - FEB 5, 2002
god this sucked. just my point of view.. but all you voted that canadian ales sucked... so its my turn against your beers... other time had this was in a CARBOMB (WOrst shooter ever!!)

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
foduck (330) - Denton, Texas, USA - FEB 5, 2002
Not enough body. All I can taste is burnt malt and a tiny bit of hops. Iím not really a fan of dry stouts though so I guess I am biased.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
keithsbeer99 (3) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 4, 2002 does not count
good

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
thejman454 (56) - cumming, Georgia, USA - FEB 4, 2002
Iím not sure if this is beer it is so thick I had to cut it with water, only good in a black and tan

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
crazydiamond (48) - Michigan, USA - FEB 4, 2002
For the record, Iím not a real stout fan. But after the first few sips, this beer sort of íbelongsí to you. Part of it I think is keeping the aftertaste away. Hey, I said I wasnít a stout fan!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
BuzzBeer99 (81) - Oklahoma, USA - FEB 4, 2002
Looks damn good! It isnít... Marketing genius made this beer. Aftertaste is quite harsh and smokey, it leaves you feeling that you need to brush your teeth. Try Murphyís and youíll never drink a guinness again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
amx1970390 (480) - Southampton, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 4, 2002
Boy, this beer looks good and everyone says it is good, ut tastes more like flat cola than beer, very disapointed after all the hype.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
darkvibe (68) - Rochester, New York, USA - FEB 4, 2002
Dark, thats the only word for it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Merc (313) - Pullman, Washington, USA - FEB 1, 2002
I remember the first time I had a Guinness, thinking it was the most incredible thing Iíve ever tasted. Upon revisiting it after trying other stouts, I was dissapointed. Such a pretty boy . . . oh well. Comparatively speaking, watery and simple. Nice smokey taste to it though.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Gregory (357) - Pullman, Washington, USA - FEB 1, 2002
I was very dissapointed with this beer. I felt it was very flavorless, very thin, and very watery. Now I remember having this beer quite some time ago, and very much enjoyed it, so I wonder what has changed, and perhaps this was a bad tap, I donít know, but my for what I tasted tonight, no way it was worth $5 for a pint.