overall
Brewed by St. Jamesís Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 5101   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.4/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Nitro-can, nitro-keg and nitro-bottle; Filtered
Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder. Abv ranges from 4.1 to 4.3 % depending on where it was brewed (Guinness exports a hopped and concentrated wort to regional breweries who then brew it on site).
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
lucy99 (21) - AUSTRALIA - OCT 7, 2001
solid, lingering, slightly hoppy... just like me really...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Elcarion99 (21) - Tampa, Florida, USA - NOV 29, 2001
I prefer the creamier, less bitter taste of this beer over Guinness Stout in the bottle. Lighter flavor than most other stout beers that Iíve tried. This is one of my favorite beers.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
garygary99 (21) - AUSTRALIA - DEC 14, 2001
Guinness... Mud... Guinness... Mud... Sorry, I still canít tell the difference.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
stemcell00199 (21) - worcester, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 6, 2002
I assume everyone that likes beer has had this and made up their minds already, so there is nothing left to say.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
dts2599 (21) - USA - JUL 28, 2002
One of the best macrobrews ever. If you can get the right pour, and the right temperature, there is not much that can beat this beer in a bar. Thick and with a consistent head, This is an all-star.

wienerherb99 (21) - Wien, AUSTRIA - AUG 28, 2002
still best on tap in Ireland, and not too cold ( forget the ice cold version ).

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
kyuss (21) - BELGIUM - MAR 24, 2005
Some people like it, some really donít. I really donít like it. Iíve tried it numerous times, almost every time Iím in an Irish pub, I have a Guinness. Didnít like it the first time and still donít like it. I am keen on blond beers and Guinness is as brown as it gets. Looks great though, the white creamy stuff is excellent for sticking your chin in and making a really cool beard and moustache.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Kinger (21) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 31, 2005
Now this is a beer, starts off smooth and creamy, tastes like coffee and chocolate, had it draught, it was the only beer at the bar that I wanted to try, really want to have this for real in Ireland now.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
jmcnally (21) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 16, 2006
UPDATED: APR 16, 2006 My old standby. I was born in Dublin and Iím sure this was in my baby bottle.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Brewpot (21) - West Burlington, Iowa, USA - FEB 18, 2007
Great looking beer! Black with a light tan colored creamy head. Nice aroma; rich roasted barley,almost burnt with caramel and coffee in the background. Body seems thin for a stout. Heatry flavor that stays with you a while. Delicious. Not my favorite beer, but one I find myself craving a couple times a year.