overall
Brewed by St. Jamesís Gate (Diageo)
Style: Dry Stout
Dublin, Ireland

RATINGS: 4813   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Available in cans, kegs and bottles with nitrogen and carbon dioxide. Pasteurised. Usually called Draught; sometimes called Cold or Extra Cold - same beer, but served colder.
Launched in 1961.
Ingredients: Pale ale malt, about 25 to 30% flaked barley, and about 10% roasted barley, with no other grains or sugars; several hop varieties, mainly Goldings (pellets and isomerized extract); a flocculent head-forming ale yeast.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Juz (13) - AUSTRALIA - JAN 17, 2005
I know iím gonna get howled down in a cacophony of indignation, but what is so impressive about this beer? It might be more the image than anything else..hell even I visited the Guinness factory when in Dublin. I just canít drink this beer, the flavour for me is simply unpalatable. Sorry!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20

KenoTheDog99 (12) - USA - DEC 15, 2001
Awesome!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Aesg99 (12) - AUSTRALIA - JAN 29, 2002
I haveínt had the real Irish stuff on tap, but the local stuff is the best stout I have had. If you tip the pint glass with guinness upside down it stays in the glass...no really, I used to dislike the palate of stouts but once aquired you start to crave it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
htomren (12) - Long Beach, California, USA - FEB 20, 2002
Tasted this in a blind tasting of six stouts and we rated it dead last. Afterwards we were shocked to find out it was Guinness Draft since most of us, myself included, were previously Guinness fans to some extent. It has a beautiful head and looks great but is really lacking in flavor compared to other stouts.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 16/20
blueyedbeerguy99 (12) - Wallace, Idaho, USA - APR 7, 2002
Strong flavor; good head; but not enough complexity for me. Also I am always surprised at the rather low alcohol content. I donít think many people are aware of this. The strong taste fools you into thinking that itís high in alcohol too.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
NationWide (12) - Pullman, Washington, USA - APR 14, 2002
It may have just been a bad can, but when I had this it was simply awful. Looked good, smelled good, tasted TERRIBLE. Sour, bitter, cloying, and felt almost greasy in my mouth. I love Guinness, but after this canned experience Iím going to stick with the bottles.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
AndyOtremba99 (12) - Long Prairie, Minnesota, USA - DEC 26, 2002
What a great thing this is. Nowhere near as good as fron the tap but for me living in the middle of nowhere itís the best I can ask for. I love the chocolate and coffee taste this beer has. Iím sure my rating is pretty high but until I find better itís in my top 5.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Tomislav (12) - CROATIA - JUL 1, 2004
I think it is great stout, maybe the best l stout availeble in Croatia. Yuo must know that taste can vary greatly.