overall
Brewed by Labatt Breweries (InBev)
Style: Dry Stout
London, Canada

RATINGS: 1824   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33   IBU: 47   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Labattís brew a pale ale base to which is added the unfermented but hopped Guinness wort extract. Guinness Extra Stout is brewed in Canada by Labatt under license from Arthur Guinness Son & Company. Editorís Note: It looks like Moosehead is also brewing Guinness. Bottles in the US are from there of late, but Canadian bottles are still showing Labatt. 04/23/06

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Slovak34 (99) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - SEP 30, 2002
I asked for a Guinness in a bar and was given this instead of a pint of draught. This doesnít even compare. It has a nice color though and is an average stout.
Earlier Rating: 9/25/2002 Total Score: 2
It much more bitter than regular Guinness. I donít believe itís tastier than Guinness Draught.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
knickerbocker (13) - USA - SEP 26, 2002
When the guinness was brewed in Ireland it had a very good deep ryeish flavor that I liked a lot. Now it is brewed up in Canada and it is so-so. Is it the Water? It just isnít the same taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 26, 2002
This is the big brother to regular Guinness. Nice roasted malt taste and very smooth. I believe this stuff is bottled in Canada.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Perdue46 (68) - USA - SEP 22, 2002
I found chunknuts comments to be very insightful. I have had a similiar experience. As I was enjoying many delicious keystones a buddy of mine, who is not real bright, said to me lets pay more money and get guiness. I said why would I do that, but he bought the guiness and it had a bad taste. I said to him why would you pay more when you dont have to. The moral is this beer is too expensive and not delicious enough

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
chunknuts (51) - Watertown, New York, USA - SEP 22, 2002
This beer is terrible. I am Irish and i am disgusted w/Ireland on this concoction. the other night i was drinkin quite possibly the best beer ever(Keystone Premium). I had about a 12er in me u know just barely buzzin and I had a guinness extra stout. As soon as I put it in my mouth I spit it out, It was horrible I do recommend this to coffee drinkers. If u like drinkin coffe to get drunk then u will enjoy this beer(I dont even consider it a beer).

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
jtc12 (2) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - SEP 22, 2002 does not count
By far, my favorite stout.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
iwantalambic (1478) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 20, 2002
Big, light brown ice cream like head. Some lace around the top. Aroma is much maltier than the draught. Reminds me of a malting floor in a whiskey distillery - a good memory. Nice roasted flavour, a bit of a coffee in the finish. A good start to friday evening.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Jokes (1453) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 19, 2002
This isnít bad, but a bit bland. There are some hints of roasted barley, coffee, and perhaps a bit of chocolate. Not too extra stouty, but not bad.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
morty99 (371) - Maryland, USA - SEP 19, 2002

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
slinkymello (137) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - SEP 19, 2002
People! this is not the same as the guinness one would usually find at a pub on draft... of course, you already knew that didnít you... i love this beer, if only because i began to love the extra stout before i had the draft version... roasted and malty as all hell, nice dry finish... the coffee of beers