overall
Brewed by Labatt Breweries (AB InBev)
Style: Dry Stout
London, Canada

RATINGS: 1858   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33/5   IBU: 47   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Labatt’s brew a pale ale base to which is added the unfermented but hopped Guinness wort extract. Guinness Extra Stout is brewed in Canada by Labatt under license from Arthur Guinness Son & Company. Editor’s Note: It looks like Moosehead is also brewing Guinness. Bottles in the US are from there of late, but Canadian bottles are still showing Labatt. 04/23/06

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
motorcycleguy (10) - USA - DEC 17, 2002
I used to say that I couldn’t stand Guinness. Then I was invited to a Guinness Event in downtown Chicago. That changed my mind. It was free beer and food along with info on Guinness. Granted its not a beer I am going to have one after the other at a bar, but is sure goes good with a good meal.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Crafter99 (10) - USA - DEC 17, 2002
This is my favorite version of Guinness Stout.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
JerseysBeast (19) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 16, 2002
Great stuff if you like stout.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - DEC 15, 2002
This comes across as lighter than I remember the old Extra Stout. Very enjoyable fruitiness over considerable dark malt heft. Good at parties.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
psychodrama311 (122) - petaluma, Nevada, USA - DEC 10, 2002
ok..i love guinness. and out of all the forms of guinness..besides draught...this is the best.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
cb (810) - Roeland Park, Kansas, USA - DEC 7, 2002
Not as strong as regular Guinness, definitely roasted but not "stout" like the name implies.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
grant (842) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - DEC 7, 2002
More character than regular Guinness, but not an exceptional stout. Very roasty and creamy; unfortunately that is about all that can be said about this beer. Pretty monodimensional. It is not bitter at all, contrary to what the label may claim.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
DuffManOhYeah (133) - USA - DEC 5, 2002
UPDATED: OCT 3, 2003 I didn't used to like it, but I had a lot over the summer and I can't live without it anymore. I love the color and the puzzling consistency. It's thick, but almost watery when it goes down. Hints of bitter coffee. Really an excellent stout.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
UnionMade (621) - Connecticut, USA - DEC 4, 2002
I like the original bottled version, before nitro, a lot. I prefer the smoothness of the tap style, but this is great, especially when you’ve been working hard and want to sit down with a beer. It hits the spot for me.

magruffltd (10) - USA - DEC 3, 2002