overall

RATINGS: 142   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.15   EST. CALORIES: 206   ABV: 6.87%
The malt liquor with the imported taste!
Private Stock Malt Liquor is the ultimate in brewing art. Made from choice and expensive ingredients under a private formula and long aged in our cool brewery cellars. SERVE WELL COOLED IN A TALL GLASS OR ON THE ROCKS.
Note: Possibly brewed in Latrobe, PA as well.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ChoppingMall (47) - Sleepy Hollow, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 15, 2011
Commonly referred to as "P-Stock"... it truly is the malt liquor with the imported taste! Possibly my favorite malt liquor of all time. The 40-ouncer is a beautiful green bottle with a snazzy label. A truly unique member of the malt liquor family, this stuff tastes amazing and boasts an unmatched level of drinkability. There’s something special about Private Stock... It puts you in a great mood. Best enjoyed around a campfire with friends. I have turned a lot of disbeleivers on to this brew. In addition to 40’s and 24’s, this comes in SIX PACKS OF 16-OZ BOTTLES, an unusual pack size that I haven’t seen in any other beer. Unfortunately, I can’t find this fantastic beer in Chicago or Milwaukee anymore. If you know where I can find it, let me know. My 40oz. bottle says "brewed by Pabst Brewing Co." on it. I can’t find this beer anymore. Let me know if you see it anywhere.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Braudog (5496) - Hampton, Virginia, USA - JUN 25, 2011
From the gigantic can. Bright light yellow with a gigantic head to match the can. The aroma is off-putting to the max ... flat-out sweet corn. Drinks with the expected super-sweet jet fuel essence of lower cost malt liquors. But as I go, this settles into an unoffensive spirit, without offendingly obtuse corniness or such. Could be worse. (#4146, 6/25/2011)

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
rjplumer (357) - Foxboro, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 23, 2011
A mild sweet aroma with an average head. An amber color with nice carbonated feel on the tongue. Surprisingly refreshing and leaves very little aftertaste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
_Z_ (12) - Alabama, USA - JAN 19, 2011
UPDATED: FEB 5, 2011 Drunk as it was mean to be, straight out of the 40 oz glass bottle. It is a malt liquor, so one should not expect too much, although I do personally enjoy this stuff. Very sweet aroma. Has a much more refreshing feel and flavor than any other malt liquor that I have ever tried. The one problem that I have with this stuff is that the batches are inconsistent. Some bottles (like the one I am drinking this very second) are absolutely superb, and some bottles are absolutely dreadful. When I originally rated this, my rating for it was much lower. As I am sipping it now, I felt the need to rerate it since it is now of much better quality than the one I had a few weeks ago. I can not decide what the fair thing to do about this stuff is... whether I should give it its highest possible rating or if I should give it some sort of average. It is annoying that you never know whether or not your $3 is going to be worth it until after you have already paid for it. In short, it is better than Budweiser and costs much less. If all you want is some alcohol on your lips in large quantities, this is definitely the stuff to grab.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
brokensail (9950) - Orange County, California, USA - SEP 10, 2010
A: The pour is a clear yellow color with a fluffy white head with surprisingly good retention. S: Sweet corn and grains on the nose are the bulk of the aroma, which is fairly light. Maybe a bit of a straw note, too. T: A nice sweetness to the beer that does not really have any inherent flaws or off-flavors (somewhat of a rarity for malt liquor). Certainly heavy on the adjuncts, but not like eating corn on the cob or anything. M: The body is light with a very lively carbonation. D: Probably one of the better malt liquors and certainly deserving of the Private Stock emblazoned on the label.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
riversideAK (5560) - Shoreline, Washington, USA - SEP 5, 2010
Nose is lightly grassy with hints of corn and pale lager grains. Not bad at all. Big ass green bottle with an old school classic looking label. I will give it a 4 for being classic and for being in a huge bottle. The flavor is lightly corny, clean and grainy, some grass. No alcohol, not overly sweet. Super solid malt liquor with the imported taste. I would drink this daily if it was available here.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Khartnavi (22) - Goose Arm, Newfoundland, CANADA - JUL 23, 2010
40 oz. Bought in Boston with Count Zero and Kae. I find that they’re very tasty and smooth. I bought a case, another case and I would buy another.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Leighton (9878) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUN 17, 2010
Can, poured into glass. Light, amber-gold with a foamy though fast-retreating head. Aroma of caramel, corn, light hops. Flavor is sweet, but not overly so like some Malt Liquors, with more corn and caramel. Medium-bodied with strong carbonation. Very smooth and somewhat creamy. This is the best Malt Liquor I’ve ever had.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Odeed (1774) - Bakersfield, California, USA - JAN 20, 2010
UPDATED: MAY 6, 2010 very smooth for a malt.reminds me of a "imported" pale lager.(as the labelstates.)easy sippin for a 40 for sure.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
RCL (2030) - Waltham, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 7, 2010
Tasted from a 40oz bottle. Aroma is a bit grain alcohol-y. Actually looks pretty nice if you pour it into a glass. Flavor is pretty indistinct, with a bit of a gnarly aftertaste. Nice and cold, it is a pretty smooth sipper, it’s just that papery aftertaste that kinda kills the experience.