overall

RATINGS: 149   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.13   EST. CALORIES: 206   ABV: 6.87%
The malt liquor with the imported taste!
Private Stock Malt Liquor is the ultimate in brewing art. Made from choice and expensive ingredients under a private formula and long aged in our cool brewery cellars. SERVE WELL COOLED IN A TALL GLASS OR ON THE ROCKS.
Note: Possibly brewed in Latrobe, PA as well.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
_Z_ (12) - Alabama, USA - JAN 19, 2011
UPDATED: FEB 5, 2011 Drunk as it was mean to be, straight out of the 40 oz glass bottle. It is a malt liquor, so one should not expect too much, although I do personally enjoy this stuff. Very sweet aroma. Has a much more refreshing feel and flavor than any other malt liquor that I have ever tried. The one problem that I have with this stuff is that the batches are inconsistent. Some bottles (like the one I am drinking this very second) are absolutely superb, and some bottles are absolutely dreadful. When I originally rated this, my rating for it was much lower. As I am sipping it now, I felt the need to rerate it since it is now of much better quality than the one I had a few weeks ago. I can not decide what the fair thing to do about this stuff is... whether I should give it its highest possible rating or if I should give it some sort of average. It is annoying that you never know whether or not your $3 is going to be worth it until after you have already paid for it. In short, it is better than Budweiser and costs much less. If all you want is some alcohol on your lips in large quantities, this is definitely the stuff to grab.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
brokensail (10935) - Orange County, California, USA - SEP 10, 2010
A: The pour is a clear yellow color with a fluffy white head with surprisingly good retention. S: Sweet corn and grains on the nose are the bulk of the aroma, which is fairly light. Maybe a bit of a straw note, too. T: A nice sweetness to the beer that does not really have any inherent flaws or off-flavors (somewhat of a rarity for malt liquor). Certainly heavy on the adjuncts, but not like eating corn on the cob or anything. M: The body is light with a very lively carbonation. D: Probably one of the better malt liquors and certainly deserving of the Private Stock emblazoned on the label.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
riversideAK (5625) - Shoreline, Washington, USA - SEP 5, 2010
Nose is lightly grassy with hints of corn and pale lager grains. Not bad at all. Big ass green bottle with an old school classic looking label. I will give it a 4 for being classic and for being in a huge bottle. The flavor is lightly corny, clean and grainy, some grass. No alcohol, not overly sweet. Super solid malt liquor with the imported taste. I would drink this daily if it was available here.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Khartnavi (22) - Goose Arm, Newfoundland, CANADA - JUL 23, 2010
40 oz. Bought in Boston with Count Zero and Kae. I find that they’re very tasty and smooth. I bought a case, another case and I would buy another.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Leighton (10969) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUN 17, 2010
Can, poured into glass. Light, amber-gold with a foamy though fast-retreating head. Aroma of caramel, corn, light hops. Flavor is sweet, but not overly so like some Malt Liquors, with more corn and caramel. Medium-bodied with strong carbonation. Very smooth and somewhat creamy. This is the best Malt Liquor I’ve ever had.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Odeed (1776) - Bakersfield, California, USA - JAN 20, 2010
UPDATED: MAY 6, 2010 very smooth for a malt.reminds me of a "imported" pale lager.(as the labelstates.)easy sippin for a 40 for sure.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
RCL (2030) - Waltham, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 7, 2010
Tasted from a 40oz bottle. Aroma is a bit grain alcohol-y. Actually looks pretty nice if you pour it into a glass. Flavor is pretty indistinct, with a bit of a gnarly aftertaste. Nice and cold, it is a pretty smooth sipper, it’s just that papery aftertaste that kinda kills the experience.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Slipstream (2024) - USA - NOV 7, 2009
UPDATED: AUG 22, 2010 Big head on a light gold pour, and a decent label on the bomber bottle. Not a bad looking beer, really. Mild aroma of yeast and light grain. For a convenience store malt licka, it is not bad. Pretty sugary and bready. Smooth on the tongue, with not a lot of carbonation or hop action. I wonder what the story of this brand is - was it once a local Milwaukee brew? Now it is made by Pabst. A perfectly drinkable cheap brew.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
CanIHave4Beers (3264) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - OCT 14, 2009
I was so excited to finally try this. The beer pours with a big frothy white head, I couldn’t believe my eyes when it actually produced lace and stuck around for most of the glass. Aroma is a little corny but you can certainly detect some hops in there as well. The flavor was about as delicious as it gets for a malt liquor, lightly fruity with distinct hoppy notes and of course some adjunct corny type of stuff. The mouth feel was creamy if a bit thin. I probably went out of my way to make this sound more delicious than what it really is, but I’m trying to accentuate the positive with this one, keep in mind that it is indeed malt liquor and there are a surprising number of pleasantries with this beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Drake (8560) - Free Union, Virginia, USA - AUG 19, 2009
16 ounce bottle courtesy of DAKNOLE!!!!!!!& Yeah, DAKNOLE!!!! What the hell?!?!?!?!?!?!?� Pours a pale yellow color with the thinnest of heads. No retention. No lacing. No nothing. Not too bad an aroma for a malt likka, with typical notes of corn and grass but also with some sawdust and peppery notes. Taste is graininess, corn, caramel, sawdust and light fruity notes. Thin bodied. Not too bad.