overall

RATINGS: 149   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.13   EST. CALORIES: 206   ABV: 6.87%
The malt liquor with the imported taste!
Private Stock Malt Liquor is the ultimate in brewing art. Made from choice and expensive ingredients under a private formula and long aged in our cool brewery cellars. SERVE WELL COOLED IN A TALL GLASS OR ON THE ROCKS.
Note: Possibly brewed in Latrobe, PA as well.

40ozItalian (1) - USA - APR 3, 2006 does not count
This is amazing. ONe of the smoothest malt liquors I have had and that is saying a lot since I must have drank well over 40 brands since I can remember.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
kickedkeg99 (9) - USA - JAN 17, 2002 does not count
The four oh with the ’imported taste.’ Imported from where? I’ll never know, and don’t care. When I’m reaching into the cooler, this is the forty that get’s my attention.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
hunybar (2) - Albany, Georgia, USA - NOV 25, 2007 does not count
I have always loved Private Stock. I had it for the first time in the mid 80’s. My brother introduced it to me while we were in the Marine Corps station in Noth Carolina. Since then here in the 2000’s my freinds and I always enjoy our Private stock nights.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Kevbo99 (149) - Dunmore, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 10, 2002
I have never given a malt liquor a rating like this but it is well deserved. UN-friggin-BELEIVIBLE!!!!! Just a total explosion of taste. Somewhat belgian tasting. Get this stuff now. You will not regret it!!!!!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
zool (41) - Northampton, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 5, 2001
It RULES!!! Who cares what it tastes like when there are puzzles under the caps??? You can’t drink it fast enough ’cause you want to get to the next puzzle. Pretty soon, your mates and you are blasted and you start making up nonsense about what the puzzles mean...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Leighton (10969) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUN 17, 2010
Can, poured into glass. Light, amber-gold with a foamy though fast-retreating head. Aroma of caramel, corn, light hops. Flavor is sweet, but not overly so like some Malt Liquors, with more corn and caramel. Medium-bodied with strong carbonation. Very smooth and somewhat creamy. This is the best Malt Liquor I’ve ever had.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BigBen2120 (688) - Derry, New Hampshire, USA - AUG 17, 2009
16oz green bottle from the local Hannaford. Pours a light yellow translucent body with a quarter inch or less of witeish head. Cereal grains dominate the aroma with a touch of butter. Cereal grains dominate the flavor too, with hints of maltiness, citrus hops. Flavor is very good for the style. Very light in body with ample carbonation makes this a drinkable brew. Overall, an extremely solid malt liquor, much better than others in the style.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Khartnavi (22) - Goose Arm, Newfoundland, CANADA - JUL 23, 2010
40 oz. Bought in Boston with Count Zero and Kae. I find that they’re very tasty and smooth. I bought a case, another case and I would buy another.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DOdubble (92) - UVA, Virginia, USA - DEC 8, 2002
Wow, i didnt know that the the abv was that high on this one. It really does have a european taste to it. A nice change of pace from my usual malts.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
FORTY DOGG (22) - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 11, 2002
OK class quiet down! Now, to judge a Malt Liquor, you must first ask your self these three important questions. #1 Is it Ghetto? #2 Is it Strong? and #3 Does it keep it Real? Private Stock answers #1, and #3, with a resounding yes, however, it’s a little weak in the Alchol department, so Ye’ Private Stock rates very highly in the ’beginners 40 catagory’, after all, if the ’Notorious’ sipped them, so should you! Class dismissed!