overall

RATINGS: 1734   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.11   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Adam is a recreation of a historic beer-style, originally made in Dortmund, Germany and was the first Beer ever released from this Brewery. He is made with Northwest hops, organic pilsner malt, and a variety of specialty grains. The beer is rich and smokey, with notes of chocolate and dark fruit. Best served as a dessert beer. It is great with cigars, or just a warm fire and good company.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
hennes (934) - Fountain, Michigan, USA - JUN 20, 2002
This session was designed to test some Traditional Ales. Maybe a bad idea. Midas Touch and Adam are birds of a completely different feather and no doubt Midas seems sweeter and Adam more bitter, because of their proximity to each other. Iím going to rave like a madman about Adam, but now you know that Midas helped me to these golden conclusions ... In the first place, when you pour Adam you can say to yourself, now this is a head! Big, frothy, subsiding into a glorious shaded brown cream. It hangs around delightfully through the experience. The beer itself is a fascinating color - A rich purply brown, clouded and mysterious as hell. The aroma is lovely - fresh cedar shavings and whiskey malt, maybe some milk chocolate, too. When I first sipped the thing I had just finished a pint of Midas and Adamís bitter assault caught me short. But as it warmed, and I warmed, a great range of flavours arrayed themselves before my awestruck palate - all those from the aroma and then some!This is more than a beer; it is a liquid dream symbolic of the majesty and will of the first night human beings danced around a woodfire, celebrating their discovery deep and full throated in song.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
jazz88 (2603) - San Francisco, California, USA - JUN 19, 2002
Bottle from batch #52. A solid dark brown appearance with a quickly fading head. As I finish the glass I just think the word ísolidí stands out in my mind. This beer is at the same time complex and surprisingly simple. I may need to drink 11 more of these to pierce the veil of its mystery. It is heavy, full-bodied, woody, and real joy to drink.

brewbandit (312) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - JUN 15, 2002
Truly a great beer. Dark roasted notes with light fruitiness. great to relax with.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Andrew196 (1096) - Katy, Texas, USA - JUN 8, 2002
I want to try this beer on a cold day, definitely not a summer brew. Sick head! HUGE! Fruity aroma, flavor left a little to be desired....it was complex but something seemed to be missing. I got the fruits, alcohol, molasses maybe? Needed something to tie it all together better...great beer though.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
AceOfHearts (1374) - Mountain View, California, USA - JUN 8, 2002
I had to wait until my friend Adam came over before we could sample this. The head retention was absolutely ridiculous. I was finished with this stuff and there was still about 2.54 centimeters of head. The aroma was unique - smoky, slightly woody? Maybe some fruitiness. The flavor was excellent, with components of caramel, slight citrus. The aftertaste is more-ish, as Michael Jackson would say. A wonderful beer, too bad I could only get my hands on one bottle.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Troobie99 (60) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 8, 2002
An intense, extremely creamy dark ale. Complexity is the hallmark of this beer, with notes of plum and dates, chocolate, smoke, peat, and coffee. For me, itís an absolute necessity to lay this beer down for a few months before I have a bottle. Some will argue that oxidation detracts from Adam, but I donít think there are many beers more suited to its effects. (Itís also quite tasty with vanilla ice cream.)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
mwsf (360) - San Francisco, California, USA - JUN 8, 2002
Batch #51: Yowza! This beer is challenging. Lots of raisins, plums, dark chocolate, roasted malt. I taste a lot of Special B in this, although Iím not sure thatís what they used. Almost zero carbonation. Subtle alcohol aroma but no alcohol flavor. Less body than I was expecting, although hardly thin or watery. Fairly sweet. Moderately bitter. Tongue numbing after a while. Letís all chug a liter and sleep for a day!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
IslandHaole (1091) - Yokosuka-Shi, Kanagawa-Ken, JAPAN - JUN 6, 2002
A liquid dark chocolate color. Aroma of roasted malts, oak barrel used for aging scotch. Prune schnapps and blueberry syrup flavor, rich and thick. Very little carbonation. Makes me wish I was in a cabin in the mountains on a cold winter night.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Davhgbrew (947) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUN 5, 2002
Very smooth malty brew. The high Abv% was masked well, just a little to chewy and malty for me...although itís probably not the best brew to sample during the summer in South Florida. Thanks to Beerlimey I can give this one another shot.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Rib Eye (148) - USA - JUN 4, 2002
Very tasty. I would compare it to Dogfish Headís Imort Ale. Just slightly less complex than that, The Adam has a more pronounced alcohol flavor and is heavier in body.