Hair of the Dog Eve

(RETIRED)
Hair of the Dog Eve
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 17   MEAN: 3.55/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.34   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 360   ABV: 12%
This beer is an Eisbeer, created by taking the Adam Beer, freezing it, and removing some of the water.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
WeeHeavySD (3360) - San Diego (Hillcrest), Oregon, USA - JAN 14, 2008
2nd Brewery 07-08 Beer Road Trip with Bikesandbeer, 12/31/07 @ The Brewery with Alan Sprints. Alan was nice enough to give Kevin, Kevin’s Girlfriend Jessi a private tour and tasting on New Year’s Eve 07. Eve2 Bottle from Alan, Alan said this bottle was about 13 years old and damn it was aged nicely. Pours completely dark brown with thin tan ring. Nose is molasses sweet and sugary. Nose was sweet sugary viscous, really pretty damn nice and extremely special I’m so happy I could have some of this, the age really helped it achieve its greatness. Seems weird so many people here disagree with me.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
presario (4642) - Stampede City, Alberta, CANADA - DEC 2, 2007
I feel privileged to have had half a bottle. The description puts it in between Adam and Dave yet I like it less than both. It has a flavour that makes me think that when I grow up I may be able to develop a taste for it. Tastes like leather and very dry beef jerky. Very dark brown with tiny particulate. No head. Beef jerky and smoke aroma. Hints of molasses. Aggressive black smoke, soy sauce and beef jerky flavour. Not for the timid. Second sip the ABV comes through trying to thin the strong flavour. Doesn’t just bruise the palate, it attacks everything. ABV gets stronger and stronger.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
CapFlu (4538) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 20, 2006
(Bottle) Sampled at the post-GCBF party hosted by Oakes, "Big Beer Sampling". Fig juice, bourbon. High ABV detected. Bandaids, christmas pudding. Thin, deep, pure, alcoholic. Hardly flavourful - pure alcohol. Fig concentrate. Bitter finish with traces of molasses...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
Crit (3350) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 12, 2002
No head. No visible carbonation. Thick and syrupy. Cloying malt taste with terribly harsh alcohol heat. Contrary to everyone elses opinion, I wouldn’t waste my time again. If I want this harsh alcohol taste , I’ll drink Scotch, not beer

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Murphy (1759) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - OCT 18, 2002
Just like Adam, this is a great beer. No carbonation. Dark amber color on the verge of brown. Big on sweetness and alcohol, with less smoke character than Adam. The sample I had was 8 years old, it was amazing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Kathy (241) - Washington DC, USA - MAY 25, 2002
A deep dark color with a flatness in the appearance. Very strong port aroma. The flavor is also like port, mellow, but very sweet and strongly alcoholic. Definitely an after-dinner cordial type beer. Because of it’s sweetness, flatness, and alcohol strength, which reminded me of barley wine, Eve did not really appeal to me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
argo0 (11555) - Washington DC, USA - MAY 23, 2002
Wow!! Deep black with virtually no carbonation. The smell is deep roastiness with some alcohol. The flavor is overwhelmingly of burnt bitterness, textured with a healthy alcohol warmth. An excellent beer -- sadly, one that I’ll probably never get the opportunity to taste again.