overall

RATINGS: 90   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.68   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Space, an India Pale Ale that we brewed a version of before, but under the name Daly Double. This beer is a tribute to a friend that passed away last year. Space was his nickname as a young man and this beer will be a regular offering at our brewery only; our way of keeping him a regular.

It’s with great honor and sadness that we announce an upcoming special release beer. We’re brewing The Daly Double, an India Pale Ale brewed in memoriam of a friend of Half Acre Beer Co.Terry Daly passed away suddenly after spending a lot of time at our brewery over the last few years. Terry was a fan of music, geometry, his two Huskies, Moon & Luna, and amply hopped craft beer. We’re pretty sure that Terry was the foremost consumer of Daisy Cutter Pale Ale. Terry began popping in to buy sixtels of Daisy and before long he stopped by almost everyday just to chew the fat. After a while, he had the authority to walk back into the brewery and go into the cold room to reserve himself kegs and manage his own kegerator inventory for his home Daisy Cutter supply. Being a bright dude, we put him to work wiring things or lending a hand doing whatever needed to be done. He’d turn others on to our beer and took pride in his connection to our brewery. All good breweries acquire people. These people become the larger body that is the meat of your brewing company. Not the tanks or the beers, but the heart of what we do. It has a pulse of its own and its one of the best things about brewing beer for a living. The Daly Double is for Terry and all the other folks that give breweries life . To Terry, Huzzah!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
ARH (376) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 6, 2014
On tap and poured into a 5oz English sampler glass. The aroma is quite potent and pleasant consisting primarily of pine and chalk with an undertone of caramel and citrus and bright, sweet berries. It pours a slightly hazy caramel color with a very light, filmy, off-white head that leaves a decent, "dirty" lacing. The taste is a medium high bitter with a medium sweetness. The beer is creamy, aided by an abundant amount of soft carbonation. The medium body is mostly fruit, but finishes dry with a chalky aftertaste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
WillDunn (28) - - MAR 16, 2014
Fresh on tap. Half Acre does wonderful things with hops but their regular IPA offerings somehow always disappoint. Double daisy is a treat as is SheWolf, and the recent addition of Heyoka reminded me just what Half Acre can do with the hops, but Space hasn't transported me to any galaxy I can't find on my own.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
nuplastikk (4334) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 1, 2014
Sample at Half Acre. More in line with a classic IPA malt wise, but has a lemon verbena citrus hop thing going on. Deep orange tan, thin oily head. Citra hop overload, I can dig it. An odd creature, very modern, but not so great. Hopwise A-. Overall B-.

DrnkMcDermott (2792) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - DEC 21, 2013
Draft at Half Acre, from my March 2013 notes. I see I didn’t have a lot to say about this, even though I was clearly impressed based on the numbers I wrote down. Basically, it was a typical small brewer’s big IPA. The nose brought me big pine and citrus, and then on the tongue, i feel more of that big hoppy pine note. The lacy foam gets into my mouth too, and helps deliver more pinpricks of hoppy goodness. If you had it, you know what I mean. I have another beer on my page of notes below this one, which rated slightly lower, so it’s not just the cumulative effect of my many tasters.

Lubiere (9877) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 21, 2013
A golden orange ipa with a thin lacing mocha head. In aroma, biscuit malt over pungent floral hops, catty notes, complex yet smooth and compelling. In mouth, a nice biscuit malt with smooth piney floral hops, grapefruit pulp, light sulfur, well done ipa. On tap at brewery.

kbutler1 (1350) - Minnesota, USA - NOV 30, 2013
Draft and growler. Pours a darker copper color with a lively off white head. Nice lacing. Nice fruit type aroma wiht notes of melon and orange. Also has a nice note of light pine. Medium mouthfeel. Well balanced flavor with nothing overpowering. Orange notes with rind bitterness. Very good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
anders37 (16582) - Malmö, SWEDEN - NOV 20, 2013
Draft @ the brewery. Pours a hazy pale amber color with a small off-white head. Has a fruity citrus hoppy aroma. Fruity malty citrus hoppy bitter flavor. Has a fruity malty citrus hoppy bitter finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Theis (13362) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - NOV 19, 2013
Draught at Mikkeller&Friends - and in S-tog going to "Den Røde Cottage". Clear amber/golden - white head. Sweet notes. Fruity. Citrus. Tropical fruity. Resin. Peppery. Some sweetness. Nice hoppy. Ok.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
madsberg (10144) - Søborg, DENMARK - NOV 11, 2013
Draught @ Mikkeller & Friends. Amber/orange coloured. Unclear. Small light beige head. Aroma. Herbs, light tropical fruits, flowers, vague pine, Flavour. Flowers, pine, some tropical fruits, caramel, citrus. MEium to full bodied. Ends herbal bitter.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
esjaygee (3903) - Oak Creek, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 4, 2013
On tap at Half Acre. Deep amber with a slight haze and a thin tan cap. Dank aroma of pine, woodsy hops and light citrus. Tastes rather dank too with floral and vegetal notes, pine and paler malts. High alpha acids that last well into the next brew…