overall

RATINGS: 108   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Space, an India Pale Ale that we brewed a version of before, but under the name Daly Double. This beer is a tribute to a friend that passed away last year. Space was his nickname as a young man and this beer will be a regular offering at our brewery only; our way of keeping him a regular.

It’s with great honor and sadness that we announce an upcoming special release beer. We’re brewing The Daly Double, an India Pale Ale brewed in memoriam of a friend of Half Acre Beer Co.Terry Daly passed away suddenly after spending a lot of time at our brewery over the last few years. Terry was a fan of music, geometry, his two Huskies, Moon & Luna, and amply hopped craft beer. We’re pretty sure that Terry was the foremost consumer of Daisy Cutter Pale Ale. Terry began popping in to buy sixtels of Daisy and before long he stopped by almost everyday just to chew the fat. After a while, he had the authority to walk back into the brewery and go into the cold room to reserve himself kegs and manage his own kegerator inventory for his home Daisy Cutter supply. Being a bright dude, we put him to work wiring things or lending a hand doing whatever needed to be done. He’d turn others on to our beer and took pride in his connection to our brewery. All good breweries acquire people. These people become the larger body that is the meat of your brewing company. Not the tanks or the beers, but the heart of what we do. It has a pulse of its own and its one of the best things about brewing beer for a living. The Daly Double is for Terry and all the other folks that give breweries life . To Terry, Huzzah!

DrnkMcDermott's rating

DrnkMcDermott (2902) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - DEC 21, 2013
Draft at Half Acre, from my March 2013 notes. I see I didn’t have a lot to say about this, even though I was clearly impressed based on the numbers I wrote down. Basically, it was a typical small brewer’s big IPA. The nose brought me big pine and citrus, and then on the tongue, i feel more of that big hoppy pine note. The lacy foam gets into my mouth too, and helps deliver more pinpricks of hoppy goodness. If you had it, you know what I mean. I have another beer on my page of notes below this one, which rated slightly lower, so it’s not just the cumulative effect of my many tasters.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Homer321 (2745) - Melboring, Florida, USA - JUL 26, 2015
Draft at half. Huge citrus nose with a light pepper bite. Light caramel. Taste is more malt forward than nose would lend you to believe. Overall the hood seem a bit muted. Malt forward. Not my bag.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Atom (1774) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - JUN 15, 2015
On tap at half acre taproom, pours a hazy Amber/orang with a large off-white head. Big citrus hop aroma, grapefruit and orange, light pine and malt. Citrus hops dominate with a mild resinous pine lightly floral with a steady malt base. Well done and drinkable!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
blipp (6957) - San Diego, California, USA - JUN 5, 2015
Draft. Pours amber orange with a white head. Fruity hops, mild malty sweetness, some citric and grassy notes, and a lightly bitter finish. Pretty good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
DedicatedToFun (3934) - Santa Monica, California, USA - MAY 27, 2015
Tap, orange pour white head, nose and taste are grapefruit, citrus, hoppy, pretty good ipa I do believe

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
rxeight (1885) - Illinois, USA - MAY 15, 2015
On draft (and growler from) brewery taproom. Darker golden orange for an IPA. Orange, tropical citrus. Very hoppy, low bitterness for how hoppy it is. Has a strong pale malt base.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
raoul_duke (169) - - FEB 21, 2015
Growler from half acre. Orange and tan appearance, not much head. Hop and resin strong flavor. This is great.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
arminjewell (8618) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - FEB 21, 2015
Pour on tap at the brewery, hazy golden pour with thin white head, aroma brought notes of orange, grapefruit, lemon, hints of pine into some slight resin, touch of biscuit, caramel, slight yeast. Taste is a mix of orange, grapefruit, slight pineapple into a bit of biscuit, bread, and yeast, finishing bitter, dry.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
GreatDane1632 (1021) - Alabama, USA - DEC 18, 2014
On tap at the brewery during Big Hugs day -- a very orange caramel colored pour. This has extremely aromatic hops that a juicy and flavorful with a zippy malt backing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Desverger (3866) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - DEC 14, 2014
Tap@Mikkeller Bar, CPH, (24/10/2014) - amber coloured pour with white head. Citrus fruity aroma and taste, some caramel malts, citrus rind, tangerine, some pine notes, great bitter finish. Lovely.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Pailhead (5633) - Plymouth, Michigan, USA - NOV 14, 2014
On tap: The aroma consists of dank citrus, grapefruit, light lemon, and toasty notes. It’s a hazy (bordering on cloudy brownish-orange with a small beige head that has a soapy film and lacing. The flavor starts with a light toasted caramel with a touch of fruit. The finish has light-moderate dank hops, grapefruit, and a touch of florals. It’s light-medium bodied with mild carbonation. Overall, pretty tasty, but a little too much caramel for my IPA preferences.