overall

RATINGS: 60   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.21   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
From the land of the clear blue waters.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Jayson2425 (167) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - APR 11, 2004
I like hamms, you can bring this to a party and dont have to worry about people drinking it

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
jerkadilly74 (155) - mooresville, Indiana, USA - MAR 8, 2004
I love HGD.. It comes in a cool black and gold can and the chicks think you're cool for drinking something different. Who the hell am I kidding , the omly chicks I hang out with are my wife and she could give two shits less. Anyway this is just something you drink straight out of the can. Who cares about pouring this cheap stuff into a glass. I paid 10 dollars for a case of this stuff. Not a bad deal when you consider most other macros are at least 14 or 15 dollars for a case of cans. Try this beer.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
3fourths (7976) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - DEC 24, 2003
Oh hamms hamms hamms... I used to buy you when you sold for $9 a case at the AM/PM... best damn beer value in the world... for a macro, you really weren't all that bad, but to be honest I've been into other stuff the last few years. It was fun and all... going to the lake and going fishing for a weekend with all my friends back then... we would bring along 8 or 10 cases of various "beer", and we never forgot you, dear polar-bear-who-lives-in-Wisconsin. I remember you when you were thin, had the radiance of a gold coin and pleased me more than the other at the time... but, now I try you and to be honest I think I've moved on, moved on to things you can't imagine. But don't be sad, for you have a purpose... you are the small little shining light of beerdom that many have yet to discover... you are the first babystep on the way to true, honest beerdom.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
ImAJerk (12) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - NOV 21, 2003
a flavorful beer, not the best and not the worst, has a little to be desired but overall not bad

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - NOV 14, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 7, 2004 This stuff is awesome. Less than six bucks for a twelver. Fits my white trash standards and is easily in my top ten favorite

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Reid (1873) - Salem, Oregon, USA - NOV 12, 2003
Bought in the 12 oz can...Nice simple black,red and gold design. Not a bad looking macro lager, clear,bright golden yellow with a nice sized frothy white head..that doesnt last too long.Some carbonation visible. Nice "clean" aroma..mostly of malts but some hop detetcted. Taste is actually not too bad for a macro..malty sweetness up front followed by a sort of bitter astringency ( though its not unpleasant)..that may be the hops. Sort of watery in the mouth..has a dry finish. I was pleasantly surprised by this cheap beer..hell it is not what I would call a good beer..but its a perfectly acceptable American macro.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
pkbites (676) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 25, 2003
Better than regular Hamms, worse than many others out there. It's about $4.49 a 12 pack, so it's a cheap drunk. I wouldn't serve it to friends I liked, though.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Aubrey (3431) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - JUL 9, 2003
Pouring heavily down the center, this beer floats a mighty head, but it fades fast. Poor mouthfeel: light carbonation, no texture, very watery. Light malt flavors (there is malt in this beer, right?) are slightly sweet; a creamed corn type of sweetness. The only life in this beer attempts to surface in the finish, where the carbonation turns up a little and some bitterness comes out. Bitterness, corn and metal flavors linger.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Ernest (6185) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - JUN 2, 2003
Can. Head is initially small, fizzy, white, fully diminishing. Body is clear light yellow. Aroma is lightly malty (grain), with a light note of DMS. Flavor is lightly sweet, lightly bitter. Finish is moderately bitter. Light body, watery texture, fizzy carbonation. Kudos for having some bitterness, but too bad it's not balanced with any malt.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
BBB63 (6011) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - MAY 20, 2003
As Wrath stated, "good very cold on a hot day". A bit more taste than your run of the mill American Standard, you could do worse.