overall

RATINGS: 51   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.28   EST. CALORIES: 117   ABV: 3.9%
A special light beer with a premium taste.

HammsDrinker (21) - Dollar Bay, Michigan, USA - APR 11, 2005
UPDATED: APR 14, 2005 Opening the hunting camp in the fall is a magical experience: the musty smell, the Hammís signs dusted with cobwebs, the brisk autumn air...The leaves crunch under my feet as my worries disappear in that Upper Michigan wilderness. An owl can be heard in the distance. Back at camp, the sauna and grill get lit, and a cooler of Hammís takes center stage. The sun goes down, and coyotes howl at the full moon. I climb into my down sleeping bag, gullet full of Hammís. I wake up and have Hammís and eggs for breakfast. The road hunt is on, with good cigars, hardroll sandwiches, Waylon Jennings on 8-track, and plenty of ice cold Hammís.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Liquiddinner (11) - M.O.P. aka Mayor of Perkins, Michigan, USA - OCT 6, 2009
You should always keep some of this in stock for guests. That way you keep the BLatz Light for yourself. And if you run totally out of the Blight, this still will get your drunk on. And thatís a responsibility

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Hamms99 (7) - Illinois, USA - DEC 6, 2001 does not count
best Light Beer I ever had and its good and cheap too

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
vomit (173) - Michigan, USA - DEC 29, 2012
Holy Hammster! Loved the Hammís from back in the day......always conjures up quaint images from college.....like collecting bottles and cans in the ditch to scrape up enough cash to buy some needed pleasure elixir to get through another arduous week of learning & suffering. But, I digress. HSL is the beer of choice for rocket scientists at NASA.....who else has 30packs of choice hoppy quality and freshness for $11.50???? NO ONE! So the next time you are admiring those bitchin rocket scientists down there at NASA or JPL....just remember they are trashed on HSL. And you can be too...for a miraculously low price....that just screams to the heavens: "How íbout a double dose of that bitch?" Thatís how I roll. Or not.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
bipolar1 (268) - Hancock, Michigan, USA - MAR 25, 2005
UPDATED: APR 14, 2005 This is a great beer to stand around and pour over a barbequed ham as itís cooking. In a pail of ice, this beer is hands down better than all the macro light beers out there. Iíve shotgunned a lot of these in my day. My dad always buys it, and has an antique Hammís cooler to put it in. It brings back many fond memories.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
punklawyer (100) - USA - FEB 13, 2004
Easy to drink. Full flavored and not watery like so many other light beers. A good alternative.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
RapeBeer (21) - Indiana, USA - JUL 30, 2012
This is it. From the second I swallowed my first sip, I knew it was íthe oneí. After years of searching, I have finally found the perfect party beer. Sure, there are plenty of acceptable ípartyí beers out there. Clear Creek Ice. Keystone Lite. PBR. The list goes on and on. Hammís Special Light, or HSL, takes the cake, however in all categories. For starters, it DOESNíT taste like shit!!! No face-twisting metallic taste, no nauseating hang-over after-taste. The flavor is, if anything, non-existant, so drink as much and as fast as you want without feeling overwhelmed! As a light beer, HSL has a fairly low alcohol content. This also means that whatever your drinking habits are in a party setting, chances are, as long as you stick to HSL youíre not going to get sloppy drunk and make a fool out of yourself, but youíll still get drunk enough to have a good time. At under $10.00 a case, one simply cannot go wrong with HSL. Prost!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
21iceman40 (1732) - Grafton, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 22, 2001
what can one say about hamms. Hometown plus hillbilly equals hamms. They call it special and i can definetely say i felt something special for this brew

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
bones41 (12) - new ulm, Minnesota, USA - MAR 22, 2008
It may be cheep but it tastes a lot better than most mass produced beers. Smooth taste with no bitter aftertaste

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
pjcoupe (105) - Perryton, Texas, USA - FEB 20, 2002
I rated this as if I liked light beer which I really donít.They are usually just a sour effervesent watery beer with a bad aftertaste. I think this one is different.The mouthfeel is there but while not the sourness I find in most light beers.If I didnít like beer but I wanted to drink beer this would be the one.Nothing repulsive.