Hanssens Experimental Raspberry (Frambozenlambik)

overall
Brewed by Hanssens Artisanaal
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
Dworp, Belgium

RATINGS: 306   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Ale fermented with raspberries and matured in oak barrels.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Aniela (3757) - GŲteborg, SWEDEN - AUG 3, 2015
From my backlogg: Bottle. A bit hazy reddish beer with an offwhite head. Fruity sourish raspberry, citrus cherries, tart aroma. Sourish raspberry citrus rubber grassy leather tart flavour. My kind of beer :-)

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
popery (1670) - San Francisco, California, USA - JUL 29, 2015
The beer is light brown shaded over with a pinkish hue. Itís fairly hazy, could be bottle handling. No head formed when I poured my glass, just some bubbles, and it looked pretty much flat. The aroma has tons of jammy jam raspberry character. Itís very fruity. Farmerís market stand in berry season fruity. Some acetic character. A little vinegar creep. Maybe, even a touch of nail polish remover. Little funk. Some oak. Taste is quite sour. Too much acidity for me. It blocks out all of the funk and most of the fruit. It just kills a lot of the delicacy that I like in lambics. Thatís fairly harsh, and the beer is still enjoyable. Itís not as sour as many American hype monsters. Anywho, thereís a solid kick of oak. Fairly dry. Lots of pucker. Low carbonation.

olsvammel (4140) - ÷rebro, SWEDEN - JUL 29, 2015
Bottle from Systembolaget (or maybe it was a bottle shop in Belgium, I canít remember). Tart and fruity smell with rasberries. Similar taste. Very sour, actually almost too sour, but I liked it. Very nice!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
markducommun (414) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 26, 2015
Hazy pink yellow, no head. Very upfront dark raspberry, fairly horsey funky. Extremely fruity, very tart, initially sweet but dries out through the finish. Chewy medium body, bit of oiliness. Long sour finish. Excellent.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Bobhund (131) - - JUL 26, 2015
Köpt på Systembolaget Fältöversten. Mycket hög och fin syra som genomsyrar doft som smak. Förutom de fina hallonen karaktäriseras smaken av ekat som tyvärr blir lite väl stor smak för att det ska gå hela vägen fram, men helt fantastisk!!! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Brewhemia (72) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - JUL 25, 2015
UPDATED: JUL 26, 2015 Really pretty fruity red color. No head. Nice aroma of sour cherries. I think this is the most sour beer I have ever had. A bit of a shock at first, since the aroma made it seem so well balanced between sourness and sweetness. But sourness definately dominates. But sipping along, I find I really enjoy it. Your moneys worth of sour cherry flavor (I realize its a raspberry beer but sour cherries are what I taste). Its really salty as well. So lots of flavor all in all. Got to love that! I donít know if I would appreciate it as much on any other day, but right now itís pretty damn good. Updated note on rating: I actually had to pour out the last third, since the sourness was becoming too much. So even though I liked it, I need to get that in there as well and deduct some points from the taste. In the end way to sour for me when drinking a whole bottle alone.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
danlo (1640) - Darlington, Durham, ENGLAND - JUL 11, 2015
12.7 fl oz bottle. Pinky orange colour, white foam head and aroma of sour raspberries, wood, sweaty funk. Taste is sweet & sour tart raspberries, vinegar, citric, grains, woody, hay. Slick mouthfeel, medium bodied, soft carbonation, tangy dry sour finish. Nicely drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
AdamChandler (3590) - Enfield, New Hampshire, USA - JUL 9, 2015
Iíve had this many times from 375ML bottle as it sees USA Distro. Certainly one of the most sour Framboise Iíve ever consumed. Muddy dark pink appearance, cola like sprity head. Aroma is cheesy with balsamic vinegar and berries. Taste is similar but I always remember this one being puckering sour. I always buy it when on shelves but not one to age.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
ramboraffe (1260) - GŲteborg, SWEDEN - JUL 8, 2015
375 ml bottle. Hazy pink with very small off white head. Very sour smell with vinegar, unripe fruit and a little wood. Taste is very sour with green apples, vinegar, white wine and sour berries. Dry with low carbonation.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
ekstedt (5992) - GŲteborg, SWEDEN - JUL 6, 2015
Bottle (375 ml) from Systembolaget. Shady red, no head. Intense fresh raspberry aroma, some vinegar as well and damp cellar. Medium bodied, low carbonation. Dry and extremy high, acetic, acidity.