overall
Brewed by Hanssens Artisanaal
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
Dworp, Belgium

RATINGS: 717   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
This unique, refreshing beer appetizer is the result of amalgamating fresh strawberries with lambic during summer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
biggcb (464) - Harleysville, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 27, 2005
I was very curious about this one because of it being made with strawberries, but I was woefully disappointed. I barely detected any aroma or taste of the strawberries and did not find it very sweet or very sour. Overall, rather disappointing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
chriso (7396) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - APR 25, 2005
Clear amber colour with a vague pink tinge. I can pick up some fruit in the aroma but I would have found it very hard to pin it down to strawberry. The strawberry is even more unobtrusive in the flavour. Moderately sour, but with a sweet edge. Hints of wood and farmyard, but relatively restrained. Not tough enough to really make the grade as a traditional lambic, not fruity enough to make for an easy-going charmer. Decent enough, but I have to admit I was expecting more. Bottled at the Joet London gathering, January 2005.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
aspidites (1272) - manteca, California, USA - APR 22, 2005
Gueuze and fruit nose with a slight hint of grass. Well balanced fruit flavors with little residual sugar. Nice lambic base of tart lemon and horseblanket. Very nice sour and tart flavors great lingering finish.

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
RateandPillage (426) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - APR 20, 2005
Pours cloudy yellow. I agree with others regarding the aroma. I can handle the tartness, but the smell of this one was quite fowl. I didn’t get any of the strawberry at all, as the putrid aroma and flavor were overpowering.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
goldtwins (4320) - Nesconset, New York, USA - APR 10, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 21, 2009 Poured a hazy yellow color. Aroma of sweat, barnyard, and tartness. Flavors of tart citrus, bubble gum (could be strawbeery flavored), and coconut. If I new this was supposed to be strawberry when I first rated it then I probably would have thought the fruit over the gum. 7/3/7/13/3.3

5 year old bottle Poured a hazy gold with a thin off-white head. Tart and funky with some metallic notes in the aroma. The flavor is tart and acidic. Dry light body with mild strawberry taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
aracauna (3094) - Georgia, USA - APR 9, 2005
This one displayed the strawberries pretty clearly and in the aroma, they seemed very balanced with the musty, funky lambic characteristics. The flavor was pretty dry and the strawberries kind of fall back into the background. Strawberries don’t seem to be the lambic naturals that Peaches and raspberries are, but this was still a pretty good beer.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
RAYBOY01 (2012) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 2, 2005
This stuff is a trainwreck...Smelled like a barroom bathroom with a single strawberry placed in the urinal. Unpleasantly sour...(yes after I smelled it, I still drank it...all!) Mustiness, wet leather and maybe just a hint of streetbum pants.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
Cornfield (5506) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - APR 1, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 6, 2005 Just when I thought I was beginning to get a taste for lambics.... This is a fruit lambic, but it tastes more like a gueuze gone bad, with few traces of the strawberries. From the bottle, this beer poured a deep yellow color with almost no carbonation and no head. The "aroma" was acrid, like stale urine in old straw on a hot summer day. I caught none of the sweetness that other raters write that they’ve tasted, only the sourness that I’d expected but with an additional intense bitterness. The folk at the Hop Leaf claimed that this was a fresh bottle, but I feel I’ve drunk something that the others didn’t.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Leaf, Chicago, IL<font size=-1>

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
YourDarkLord (1800) - Urbana, Illinois, USA - MAR 23, 2005
Foul. Hazy brown/orange without a head. Aroma was overly ripened strawberries, verging on rotting. The flavor wasn’t much of an improvement on that. Very sour and the strawberries take a back seat to that sourness and rancidity. Bad stuff.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Mads Langtved (2245) - Copenhagen K, DENMARK - MAR 18, 2005
This is great. Acidic and sweet. A perfect beer with so many aspects. Natural delicious strawberry taste, greatly combined with medium sourness. This is really a unique and perfect summer beer.