overall
Brewed by Hanssens Artisanaal
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
Dworp, Belgium

RATINGS: 717   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
This unique, refreshing beer appetizer is the result of amalgamating fresh strawberries with lambic during summer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
PrinceofNessus (236) - Norman, Oklahoma, USA - OCT 4, 2003
The smell is astringent, like unripened strawberries, and orange peels. The beer's appearence is a soft orange color, with a thin white head. The flavor tingles the mouth and though some of my friends might dissagree I found the taste of unripened strawberries to be rather pleasing

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
wunderbier (1434) - Tampere, FINLAND - AUG 21, 2003
375 mL bottle, goblet, 48 degrees. No head or visible carbonation; light, hazy peach colored body. Fairly funky, mostly barnyard aroma. Strawberries are present also. Sweet and sour throughout. Somewhat unpleasant flavor / aroma combination (not in the traditional lambic unpleasant manner). Highly acidic, medium body, watery texture, flat carbonation. I've really gotten into all the lambics I've tried so far, but this one just doesn't work for me. The bottom line is: this is a weak lambic with strawberry Jolly Ranchers dissolved in it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Rockinout (966) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 14, 2003
No head, cloudy golden color. The barnyard aroma is there along with wet grass, fungus. Pucker up, this is one sour beer, I've never had anything like this. First sip made me fall down. Second sip gets better and the third. My wife gives me her glass. I can barely finish it all.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
UnionMade (621) - Connecticut, USA - JUL 14, 2003
Pours a clear copper color with no head at all. Aroma is strawberry, some kind of wierd dirt smell, and a pervasive tart sourness, like moldy lemons. Flavor is strange. Fruity, with a moldy sharpness all the way through, finishing very very dry. I'm not really sure I like this stuff. A still beer, with an odd semi-effervescence in the middle. I've never had carbonation like this before. It's so interesting that it keeps asking for another sip.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
duff (5484) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - JUL 10, 2003
Wonderful farmyard stench and strawberries, some public toilet smells (but in a good way). Flavour is tart and sour, some subtle sweetness from the strawberries, its more the seeds than the actual flesh. Dry, sour and refreshing. Love it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 7, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 14, 2003 2nd try - Rockinout shared a bottle of this with me. I actually liked it more the second time around - still, it's a very extreme beer and NOT for beginners! 1st rating - EGADS. SOUR - extreme mouth pucker, squinty eyballs starting to fill with tears... This had an intensity that I almost hope to never encounter again. Bordered on the unpleasant. The strawberries were barely there - could'v used more to add some kind of balance or a palatable taste. Thin, somewhat flat, deep gold/orange with a slight hint of red. egads.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
MartinT (7952) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUN 11, 2003
2000: A stagnant pool of tart strawberries gnashing at old oak barrels...Sweet orange juice dripping into gluttonous acidity...A bit boorish, this one needs some fine tuning, and I know these guys can do masterpieces..­.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Darkover (1517) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - APR 19, 2003
Cloudy orange color, no head. Aroma of strawberry and sourness. Flavor is very sour, citrousy and strawberries

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
nick35 (12) - USA - APR 19, 2003
No head, typical lambic Brett odor on pouring. The fruit is subtle, slightly sweet, and extremely balanced. The acidity of this beer is fantastic: a blend of citric, acetic, and lactic. Titrated to 1.5% tartaric, pH of 2.8. The most balanced and best fruit lambic I've had.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
thedm (4948) - Fort Wayne, USA - APR 19, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 4, 2003 This brew poured a very little white head of large bubbles. Its body is an appealingly nice amber brown with bubbles clinging to the side on my mug. There is some lacing evident as the head disappears before I can taste it. It has a burnt wood aroma, not fruity as I expected. It tastes as bad as it smells. I took one sip and poured the rest. Too bad it was an $8.00 bottle.