overall
Brewed by Hanssens Artisanaal
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
Dworp, Belgium

RATINGS: 714   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
This unique, refreshing beer appetizer is the result of amalgamating fresh strawberries with lambic during summer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
joet (2172) - Santa Rosa, California, USA - JUL 19, 2001
I may be revealing too much when I say this smells distinctly like a lesser brand of nitrous oxide gas cartridges, rubber bands, tennis shoe and urine. It tastes much better than it smells and not to say this smell is completely uninteresting. A semi-dry sharp fruity tip with a vacuous back.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Oakes (12552) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JUN 24, 2001
Not actually a gueuze, Oudbeitje has some strawberry added, but the character is rather subtle. I get a smoked cheddar and salami character - a little odd for a beer you could say, but it is lambic. These guys must blend in a cheese factory.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
beergirl99 (101) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - SEP 26, 2000
This was sour, but it did not make me pucker as the last Gueuze that I tried (Lindeman’s)did. While gueuze is an ’odd’ beer, I enjoy it on occasion...not for the uninitiated though. I would not try a gueuze before I tried a flavored lambic.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
young (45) - Georgia, USA - SEP 26, 2000
Very nice brew. Not much of a head. Extremely sour, but not enough to put you off. Slight bittering. Tasted very much like a white wine/champagne in my opinion.